1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Accredited Colleges & Seminaries that are to liberal to recommend?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Plain Old Bill, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Originally Harvard,Yale,Princeton,and other colleges started out as basically colleges that taught Bible and believed Bible.Now there are many colleges and liberal seminaries which are accredited that do not believe the Bible is God's Word.They do not believe in creation as the Bible does.Some of them do not even believe in the saving power of Jesus Christ.
    Now I find out Dr. Kimball the head of the religion department at Wake Forrest can't figure out whether Christians and muslims worship the same God.Wake Forrest is accredited!How many other schools have these problems?

2. Saint

Saint New Member

I don't know how many educational institutions that once were fundamentally sound have reversed their direction in favor of a more secular view. I know that there is a seminary very close to my home that once was very biblically sound. The seminary was also attached to a wonderful liberal arts college that was part of the Free Methodist Church. The whole community was a joy to live in as the church, college, and seminary were the focal points of the town. Over the past ten years it has lost its focus and watered down their Christ-centeredness. They now claim that they are a liberal arts college in the Christian tradition and really downplay their roots in order to attact more students. I did a lot of my undergrad work there ten years ago and it was a very pleasant environment. I recently went back there to visit the library and the atmosphere was almost as ungodly as any other secular educational insitution. I inquired into their seminary and found that they had hired many very liberal professors from another extremely liberal college in this area. When I questioned their committment to biblically sound doctrine they told me that I would be very happy there and implied that they were very conservative. In view of who they hired, that is a very dubious statement. Unfortunately, I think many institutions give in to the pressure of other colleges and employers to become more "relevant" in order to compete in our very secular society and to stay afloat financially. Also, many Christian colleges give sway to secularism in order to appease those who will grant or deny academic accredtation.

3. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Duke, its accredited but liberal. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.