1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acrobat Reader Question

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Elnora, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Hi,

I wanted to print a postage label and pay for it online (USPS) but it said I needed to update my Acrobat Reader. I can do that no problem. The last time I updated it though, I was unable to read my documents that were saved from the older version. Any advise as to what I didn't do that I should have? Thanks.

Elnora

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acrobat reader doesn't save in .pdf format so probably couldn't open them as it is for .pdf only. The only way to save to my knowledge is to .txt files. Course could be wrong, never tried to save from it.

3. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Mine are .pdf files and they show as when read in Acrobat, but if I update they change. Anyone know why?

Thank you.

4. standingfirminChrist

I have not updated my AR since I got the full version of AR Writer 6.0 Professional. Don't want to take any chances on any of my files not being read.

5. Elnora

Elnora New Member

LOL I don't blame you, but I cannot get a shipping label to buy and print if I don't update, which means I would be running to the P.O too much.

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I "think" that acrobat update will install itself separate from the old one, I have two or three versions on my drive. It will automatically open the latest version to read a file you want to open if you double click on the file. If you go to start/programs etc. to find the version you want and open it then open the file there shouldn't be any problem.

When it installs, when it asks where to install choose a new directory apart from your old ones and I'd think you'd be okay.

7. Elnora

Elnora New Member

exscentric,

Thank you for your time, I will try that.