1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acting and God's glory:

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by amazinglove92, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe I should apologize for presuming that you had sound Biblical knowledge, then.

The narration of Rahab, the prostitute who hid the Israelite spies and lied about their presence is in Joshua 2. And it is Hebrews 11:31 that she is given accolades for her faith in keeping the spies and in the process was spared her own life.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think Johnv's advice from earlier in the post is very sound and I agree.

3. Christian_1

Christian_1 New Member

Chill!!
    To act a part in a play, whether amatuer or pro does not mean you'll be counted worthy of Hell when you die.
    what if you played a rapist, or a murderer? Surely you don't think God would hold you in contempt for acting a role.
    When I was able to skate, I danced- not the gharish stuff, but the graceful and ballroom-type skating. I also skated precision. But -- I also know the Good Lord won't sent me to Hell because of it!! I cannot skate anymore because of arthritis ruining my balance on one leg, and in skating balance is tantamount.
    Hey- enjoy your role- and as the old saying goes, "Break a leg"!! [​IMG]

4. Bookworm

Bookworm Member

I was in several plays at the Baptist Bible college I attended. I consider the experience to have been very valuable to me. In fact, I have used some of the stuff I learned while directing my church's Christmas programs. Should a church even have the kids put on a little play at Christmastime? Also, when I used to give the challenge on AWANA night, I would sometimes call kids up to the front and have them act out the Bible story. It was a great way of keeping their attention (even though the kid playing Goliath had to say some bad things about God.)