1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Active youth!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by JesusInFirstPlace, Sep 3, 2004.

1. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Becca
    Is there any way you can get your brother to camp?
    I have a friend who has a story just like yours her brother was getting in trouble and stuff like that. He went to Camp CoBeAc just for one week and now that guy is at Bob Jones right now!
    Camp can do amazing things to a person you step away from all the people who influence you poorly
    and you get your mind totally jammed with Biblical stuff. Who knows what it could do to him?

Just a thought
    Abide in the Light

Matthew Robert Kuiper, the only, I think.

2. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

This is true

3. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

He's gone to camp with me before. He would be totally on fire for God for the week of camp, and about a week or two afterward. Then he would hook back up with his old friends and be just like he was before camp, only usually worse. I just don't know what to do that I'm not already!

Frustrated and sad,
    Becca

4. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

You are who you surround your self with. Simple fact of life. At camp your on fire. why? others around you are as well. Becca even you, im sure, can feel the fire dwindle slightly after camp is over.

5. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

That is true. I came back from Leadership Camp pumped and resolute but you tend to loose the fire.

6. JesusInFirstPlace

You are absolutely right. Once I'm back in the 'real world' I have to deal with all kinds of peer pressure and just things that distract me from the decisions I have made for Christ. It is so hard! Everything would be great if I could just stay at camp year round!!!

I am under a lot of stress right now. Between working really hard to get good grades my final year of high school, going through all of the applications for colleges, endless research for scholarships, and just trying to make the right choices, I am on overload!!! So it almost seems worth it to me to go join a little bubble colony and just stay out of the world!! JK, but seriously, I've got a lot going on, and I don't want all of it to take my focus away from serving God! But it's really hard!!

One Overactive Youth,
    Becca

7. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

You are Capable of more than you ever Imagined. Push your self harder. Really hard. KNOW that you are above it all. Believe it. Then everyday stress should start to go away. Add Jesus to this and you have got it made. No, matter what happens; your going to be somewhere at the beggining of each day. Make the best of it. I only wish I knew this when I was younger.

(mind accuteness) I'll tell you about that some other time.

8. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Everything would be great if I could just stay at camp year round!!!
    [/QB][/QUOTE]
    This is so true!
    I never have the problems I have now when I am at camp. Everything is so clear there!
    You know it is to be we cant join some bubble colony. Do you think God would mind? j/k
    but man it would be nice
    Matt

9. JesusInFirstPlace

I can just imagine it now...

*Every day is filled with friends, fun, and most importantly, Jesus. We don't have to worry about anything-whether it be school, making the right choices, growing up, and dealing with living in an ungodly world...*

*huge sigh* Wouldn't that be nice!?! JK.

In all actuality, I am feeling much better now (did I mention it's Friday?). Though I do not love school, I can tolerate it. I have started making the most of all of my classes, even the boring ones like College Algebra and Economics :rolleyes: . I am loving life, and I'm loving God. I want to make a difference in the world, and there's no way I can do that with a negative attitude, so I'm changing (a little at a time).

I am in such a good mood right now!!! I am going to a youth conference in about 3 hours, complete with good preaching, fun games, and yummy pizza. So I'm way excited about that, and I joined the church choir a couple weeks ago, and I am loving that! I'm getting better at the piano, and I love playing it! I am doing well in school, and I just love life!!!!!

Becca [​IMG]

10. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Gut fur ihnen. Some body tell me how to do special chareters. I want the long 'u'. the 'u' with two dots over it.

11. JesusInFirstPlace

I have no idea!!!

Technologically inadvanced,
    Becca

P.S. That's German, right???

12. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

To the best of my inability. :(

13. JesusInFirstPlace

Hey, it's better than I could do!! Cuz I can't do the computer symbol things OR spell!!! ;)

Becca

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

15. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Ahh wow. Gut für ihnen. there it is. thanks diane!

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

You're very welcome!

[​IMG]

17. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

lol. nice pic.

18. JesusInFirstPlace

Well, the youth conference went really well!! There were 4 churches there, and my youth pastor and some of his brothers (who have various roles in other churches around the Valley) sang for us. We did all kinds of goofy, but very fun, team games. (I arm wrestled with Crisco on my elbow, which was very strange, but so much fun!) It was a blast!

My brother couldn't make it though. :( (but it's not because he wasn't willing, cuz he was [​IMG] . He's in the drum line at school, and he had to play at the football game yesterday (we won!).

Becca

19. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Ok I have avoided death again, except not in a car. ( this happened the week before I joined this board.)

My roomate and I went on the mens retreat with our church. we went way out in the mountains!

Well we were sitting in our hut, and I decided "Hey lets go hiking!!!" and he was like "no there are snakes out there." So I decide to go alone. Well I was hiking up this mountain, running at some points to see how fast I get up the beast. well the path just kept twisting and twisting going nowhere in the up position too fast. so I see a path of rocks (very narrow) that leads nearly straight up the mountain. so I am like "Yeah shortcut, cool".

so I start running up that path, after about ten minutes I pass a creek. I take a quick drink/rest and keep going. All a sudden Im going up the path when the left side of my face burst into excruciating pain. this horrible odor filled the air, and dropped me to my knees. I wiped my face on my sleeve, with my right eye I could see this yellow substance all over it. I was pretty upset, If I lose an eye, I cannot fly anymore.

Whatever this stuff was I had to get down the mountain quick, so I ran back down to the creek, and washed my face off, yet the pain was still there. I saw a salamander and caught it. IDK why, I just like reptiles. so I put him down and went back to my hut.

I still dont know what got me. Ive narrowed it down to either a very poisoness cattapillar, or a poison nettle. I think it was the poison nettle even though they are not yellow. Needless to say, it killed the top layer of skin on the left side of my face. a few days later I could pull long sheets of skin from my face.(sick)

I am fully recovered and luckily look the same way I did before I left Charleston. It was fun Hiking and I will do it again. I was more worried about bears though. I'm too adventerous for my health. well, when my time comes I will die doing something I love.

20. JesusInFirstPlace

I cannot believe that happened to you! I mean that almost sounds too outrageous to be real! I mean I'm glad that you had fun and all, but wow! You are so much like my brother, in that when something crazy and unique can happen, it will!!!

Becca

*That's what I call being an active youth! LOL*