1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Actor receives death threats after tweeting about Michelle Obama

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 21, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

Who is criticizing Michelle Obama?

I merely said that I personally don't care for her particular Wobble Weeble figure.

Some people find such a physique to be attractive.

I just don't happen to be one of them.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know what? If y'all were talking about my figure that way you might be getting some death threats yourself!:eek:Even my family members know better than to do that!

3. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Wow, some of the gentlemen are not acting very gentlemanly on this thread.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. I'm gonna have to get out my rollin' pin pretty soon!

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

uhhhh you know. I'm always talking with my kids about character and integrity and *sigh* that it's what you are on the inside that counts. It's the decisions you make and not what you look like. It's about the things in life we have control over and not the things we can't control.

And here I sit, reading a thread about the shape of the first lady thinking that it's no wonder we can't get past the surface and onto the important things at school.

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C'mon gals, lighten up a bit!:smilewinkgrin:

Y'all ought to be more like my wife who once chastised me for watching a sweet young thing walking along as we sat in our car at a stop light. She lit into me for looking, and I said, "You want me to stop looking Honey?"

My sweet young thing fired back with a "YES!!" I meekly said "OK"

A couple of minutes later, she very mildly AND sweetly said, "Honey, it's OK if you look; you wouldn't be normal if you didn't. Just don't touch!"

I promised to so abstain and have done so for nearly 45 years; and have thoroughly enjoyed looking for just as long.

Wouldn't trade her for anything I've seen in that time, but beauty is still appealing to behold, and has zilch to do with my love for her!!!!

So gals, don't create a problem where one doesn't exist, 'cept maybe in your mind!:D

7. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

"But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to desire her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

I guess the problem was only in Jesus' mind as well?

I'm not your wife, so can't say how she feels, but if for 45 years you have "thoroughly enjoyed looking" then I have a feeling you've been hurting your wife for 45 years whether she admits it to you or not.

8. targus

targus New Member

Based on the total lack of comment about the death threat against Scott Baio I can only guess that commenting on Michelle Obama's appearance must be the greater offense. :rolleyes:

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If my husband "looked", I'd be ticked. I thank him for having the self control and respect for me to look away even when there's a pretty woman on TV that's not dressed enough (like on a Victoria's Secret commercial or something). He might "see" because it's there but he certainly doesn't "look". I so appreciate that about him.

As for the death threats, people need to be concerned about their own lives. Scott gave his opinion on something and people are going to threaten his children for that? I hope they find them and bring them to justice. Honestly, I think a lot of young people today haven't learned just how strong words are - and that they can bite you in the butt in a really big way.