1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acts 8:37 and Paedobaptists

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Ransom, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

From psa145 in the ESV thread:

I was in the bookstore today and looked at a ESV. It looks just as corrupted as the other modern versions. Acts 8:37-the only verse that tells us what to do prior to water baptism, MISSING!

I've seen two variations on this argument: one saying that the "omission" of Acts 8:37 paves the way for "baptismal regeneration" by eliminating an explicit and necessary confession of faith before baptism; the other argument says basically the same thing except that it clears the way for paedobaptism.

So, that only raises the question:

• <LI>If Acts 8:37 is such a decisive text in favour of believers' baptism, why were the Anglicans who translated the KJV all paedobaptists and baptismal regenerationists?
      <LI>Conversely, why are so many NIV, NASB, and ESV users Baptists if their Bibles omit this crucial verse?

Clearly, Acts 8:37 is not a decisive proof-text for the doctrine of baptism . . . in either direction. The KJV-onlyists are, as usual, blowing smoke.

2. Psalm145 3

Psalm145 3 New Member

The master deceiver, Satan, who hates the Word of God, is causing wide-spread confusion among God's children. The Devil wants us to question God's Words, he did the same thing to Eve in the garden.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said...?

Satan is planting seeds of doubt in the minds of Bible believers. The devil is very tricky, he has corrupted the Words of God and raised up false teachers and hereticks to promote counterfeit Bible versions based on corrupted underlying text.

The Received Text of the New Testament was accepted as the infallible Words of God by Bible believing Christians from the Apostolic Churches in the first century A.D.
    all the way until the apostate infidels Westcott and Hort came along with a new Greek text for the English Revised Version of 1881. The ERV opened the floodgate for over 100 English counterfeit versions based on the false Greek text. This text was changed in over 5,600 places involving nearly 10,000 words in the Received Greek Text of the NT.

The ERV, RSV, NIV, NASV, NKJV, and now the ESV are all counterfeit Bibles based on false text.

Take a look at 1 Corinthians 2:13, "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." Do you see that? The Holy Spirit teaches us words. God preserved every one of His words. The words given by inspiration of God have never been lost! But Satan wants us to think they have been lost, he wants us to question God's words and have doubt in our minds about the words God gave to us.

The words of the Greek Received Text and the words of the Masoretic Hebrew text that underlie the King James Bible are the very words that God has preserved down through the centuries, being the exact words of the originals themselves!

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

3. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Psalm145 3 said:

The master deceiver, Satan, who hates the Word of God, is causing wide-spread confusion among God's children. The Devil wants us to question God's Words, he did the same thing to Eve in the garden.

I'm not questioning "God's Words," just KJV-only rhetoric. You seem to have ignored my point entirely.

4. dan53

dan53 New Member

Soooooo; the conclusion to whole matter is this ??? Those prior to the KJV did have the whole but a part ? That's even wierder to believe !! Can't anyone accept the fact/s that we have made more and more discoveries of the originals and that is not slanted religious rhetoric !! Yes, one version has been used more then others but doesn't make it the one and only !! IF God can speak througha donkey; what makes youthink He can't speak through other means as well (ie... other versions and translations). WE spend entirely too much time going to war over little things that the unsaved could give a hoot about !! They need and want to hear of a Savior who loves them where they are not what version/s they need to carry to be accepted into man's dogmatic religious bafoonery !! I had a young man in the jail I work at tell he was thankful that God allowed himto read the CEV becaue he could understand it much better. Was I to tell him that he was reading garbage and the God of that translation was no good !! Not !!! I was thrilled that he was reading any sort of God's word; it opened the door for me to minister to him. let's find something much more productive to spend our time and energies on. This is the last I will address this frivolous and useless topic. :mad: :mad: