1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ADD and ADHD

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Cutter, Jul 3, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. I don't know

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I had epilepsy in my teens and just after. I have not had a fit for many years now, and I am still on medication. I am grateful to God that such medications exist.

One thing that I have not seen mentioned yet is this: Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the argument of this thread, suddenly stopping some medications can in itself be dangerous.

2. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

One of the problems of giving students Ritalin and other medications that have a potential of being abused is that some Ritalin takers are selling the drug to friends at school. Apparently it produces a kind of high in those taking it who do not have ADD/ADHD.

ADD/ADHD is real, but I think Ritalin is overprescibed. There was a huge jump in the number of new prescritions written in the US about a decade ago, but hopefully, it has tapered off somewhat as better testing has become available.

love,

Sopranette

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thats it's over prescribed I can agree with.