1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Add another Likudnik to the 2016 'Republican' hopefuls...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by kyredneck, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Larry...you should see if you can get this on video to see if he was rocking back and forth ..... that's how the Chosen ones pray. Oye!! Such a good boy!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot my Gov Fat body Christy who spends more time in other States and countries thanhe does at home.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Be thankful for small blessings.:saint:

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. Wondered when he ever spent time governing the state? SMH

5. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Crispy Cream Christy. He is not really running for President. He is hoping to get on as Secretary of Transportation.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup:

Why a leading tea party group just slammed Mike Huckabee

"...“In a year in which GOP voters appear likely to have several good pro-economic growth candidates to choose from, Mike Huckabee’s big government record would stand out from the crowd, and not in a good way,"..."

"....the Club for Growth has already staked out a firm position against him and vows to continue pressing him on his conservative bona fides if he formally enters the race...."

"...the Club for Growth PAC will make sure that Republican primary voters thoroughly examine his exceptionally poor record of raising taxes and spending as governor,” ...."

(...but there IS a longstanding feud going on here between Huckabee and the Club...)

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a Johnny-come-lately to this discussion, I fail to see the harm in going to the wailing wall as a tourist. It is nearly all of human construction that was left by the Romans from the Jerusalem of Jesus. Jesus must have seen that wall.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you don't.

Yeah, right, that's what all those POTUS's and wannabes are doing there, they're only tourists.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The yarmulke is usually worn during times of prayer. The whole touching of the wall and praying as though it has some sort of intercessory spiritual power is somewhat disturbing to see of folks who are Christians.

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reality Check on Huckabee

"...Huck’s bizarre fondness for extravagant executive clemency...a woman says that her pregnant daughter was murdered by a man named Wayne DuMond, an already-convicted rapist-murderer who had been released from prison on Huckabee’s watch."

"...Huck responded: “The only action I had in the case of Wayne DuMond was to deny clemency. He was commuted by Jim Guy Tucker, my predecessor. . . . [and] Bill Clinton approved that. . . . [Again,] the action that I took in the case was actually to deny a commutation.” Huckabee is about as accurate in this account as the little boy who insisted he didn’t steal the cookie from the cookie jar; it was just his hand that had done it...."

"...It is a matter of public record that Huckabee repeatedly advocated releasing DuMond from prison. Yes, he denied official executive clemency — but only after the state parole board had granted parole...."

"...Several parole-board members told reporters, on the record, that Huckabee both personally and through his aides and appointees had pressured them to grant DuMond’s release. Before then-governor Huckabee appeared in front of the board, it had voted 4 to 1 against parole; after his appearance, the board switched to 4 to 1 in favor of release."

"...the whole mess was par for Huck’s course. The AP has reported that Huckabee “had a hand in twice as many pardons and commutations as his three predecessors combined.” With those high numbers — 1,033 by the AP’s count, 1,058 according to the Arkansas secretary of state — there have of course been recidivists. Some, such as DuMond, were deadly. Apart from DuMond, the most notorious was Maurice Clemmons, who in 2009 murdered four police officers in Washington State. Huckabee had commuted his sentence nine years earlier “over the protests of prosecutors.”

"...Huckabee’s strange sympathy for hardened criminals makes him even more anathema to “law and order” conservatives than he is to supply-siders such as the Club for Growth, which again this month (as it did in 2007 and 2008) virtually declared war against his candidacy because of what it calls his “big-government record” of tax hikes and spending increases...."

"...Huckabee also had a long, long record of ethical scrapes (some of which bordered on the kinds of activities for which former Virginia governor Bob McDonnell was just convicted). Further, as our colleague John Fund reported that same autumn, Huckabee wasn’t exactly known as a good manager or team player, either. As the incomparable Phyllis Schlafly told Fund then, “He destroyed the conservative movement in Arkansas and left the Republican party a shambles.”..."

"...His image would never stand up to the blitzkrieg the Democratic attack machine would unleash if he were the nominee — in part because so many of the attacks against him would be rooted in reality...."

#70 kyredneck, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
  11. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I wonder what the apostle Paul would've said to this? (yeah, I'm playing the other side of the debate just for kicks. I do not agree with these folks going to Jerusalem, putting on yarmulkes, and praying at a wall. It reeks of idolatry.)

Then again, Paul wrote this:
    Granted, Paul was trying to win people to Christ, but he even admits to acting differently around different groups in order to win them over. These politicians have adopted that philosophy for the sake of personal gain, instead of for the glory of God, as Paul did it.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Precisely..... thank you.

[add]

The Dispie's unnatural and non-Biblical elevation and adoration of Israel after the flesh is in fact nothing short of idolatry.

#72 kyredneck, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are always telling me how much more intelligent you are but you never told me what is wrong with what Huckabee did.

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know you're not much on providing sources, but can you cite me even once where I've ever done this?

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just told me that of course I don't know what is wrong with what Huckabee did. Talk about condescending--you get the BB award for that as far as I am concerned. Apparently, there is nothing wrong with visiting the wailing wall....

16. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I held off saying it was outright idolatry, because I don't think everyone who does it is viewing the Wall as a stand-in for God. But I'm sure some do.

As for Israel, I had to explain to my parents the other night that Israel is no angel when it comes to combat and war crimes. They're just as guilty as any other nation. My thoughts on Israel are that at one time they were the purely chosen people. But that was only for a brief time (Daniel was told by Gabriel that 70 weeks were determined upon thy people (Jews) and thy holy city (Jerusalem), after which the word would go to all. (This is my amil-based interpretation.) This does not mean Israel no longer heard the word, but it means that the Gentiles were now free to be grafted in. As Peter saw the sheet with the formerly unclean animals, and was informed of God that the Gentiles were now to receive the Word.

But, that's quite off topic from the OP. Apologies.

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CMG, Zaac and PT has already pointed out to you what's wrong with it.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So it must be a sin to visit a synagogue, also?

19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You tell me:

...the blasphemy of them that say they are Jews, and they art not, but are a synagogue of Satan. Rev 2:9
    ...the synagogue of Satan, of them that say they are Jews, and they are not, but do lie... Rev 3:9

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Millions of people from all over the world have visited the wailing wall because it clearly was something that Jesus saw. Many others have prayed there--under orthodox Jewish rules that say that a man's head must be covered when the name of God is mentioned.