1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Adieu Monsieurs

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SovereignGrace, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CASSIDY IS A DISAPPOINTMENT TO MANY BELIEVERS, AS FOR SLANDERING THE BOARD, HE GETS PRACTICE DOING THE SAME THING, BUT TO BROTHERS CREATED IN THE SAME IMAGE OF GOD AS HE WAS, HERE ON THE BOARD. THE MAN LACKS CHRIST LIKE CIVILITY. AS WELL AS HUMILITY.

2. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said before. There are a few on the board who ink HIGHLY of themselves, but their self appointed ego is of little concern to me, so anything Tom said about you Rev matters little in the court of public opinion. His views are equal to a pile of Poop........

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish that there was an "ironic" icon.

• Like Like x 4
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like you've got yourself a new signature, RD2.

• Like Like x 4
  5. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did the Lord tell you to say this to me? o_O :rolleyes:

6. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

7. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw an ad on here this morning that wanted people to join the LGBT pride community. :(

8. BrotherJoseph

BFth
    Brother SovereignGrace,

I am glad you back, though we disagree regarding your view of gospel regeneration, we have always kept our disagreements civil. You have offered the board some keen incites such as your point that if Solomon was never born from David and Bathsheba the genealogy of Christ would have been broken. I hope you elect to say, but of course know you will do whatever God has before determined that you to do LOL and we know also whatever decision you make will end up being for your good (Romans 8:28) What a comfort these promises our to His children.

I too have seen some adds that disturbed me such as the men over 40 testosterone add which utilizes a scantily clad woman bending over obviously to tempt posters to click the add, but I have derived far more benefit from the forum discussions than I have received negative impact from the ads. It has caused me to dive into study of the scripture and also played as one of the sole factors that God used to get me to once again start attending a church which I was later baptized into! For the most part I just ignore the adds (of course my wicked flesh comes in from time to time causing me to lust at some of the pictures) It is just too bad it appears the Baptistboard is functioning to obtain filthy lucre by allowing such ads, what other explanation can there be for them being on here?

#48 BrotherJoseph, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Some people make it difficult to not use the rating system (dislike, dumb). Then, there is at least one on here who chases peoples posts in order to give them a 'dumb' or 'dislike'. It reminds me of kindergarten, and it is juvenile behavior, especially for professing believers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BrotherJoseph

I too believe having the "dumb" option is anything, but Christian. I wonder what the logic was behind that? Certainly not that it was scriptural. I don't recall Paul ever telling those who held to false doctrine that they were "dumb". It also implies that the things of God can be learned by our flesh if we are smart enough in our carnal mind, rather than truth being revealed to us solely through inner man. We know this is untrue as the Bible tells us "the natural man receiveth not the things of God, neither indeed can he" and "the carnal mind is at enmity with God", so it does not matter how "dumb" or "intellectual" a poster is as God reveals things to us by His Spirit and His mind that he gives us. The dumb feature also has the negative impact of enabling posters to reject a post, but not respond or debate the post by offering a reason why the believe it is dumb. It is also certainly not loving and God tells us to love.

Although I must admit I do like the dislike and like feature that was added as it reminds me of Facebook. I also enjoy how they added the feature that shows you when a poster has quoted and responded to your posts. This makes the back and forth discussion process a lot easier to facilitate by tracking those who have responded to your posts.

I guess I conclude that the Baptistboard has evolved, some for the better and some for the worst.

Brother Joe

11. BrotherJoseph

Sorry brother, I clicked the funny icon on your post because I misread it. I thought you were joking by being sarcastic in saying you posted that link about joining the gay lesbian marriage community earlier in this thread to get people to join. For the record, I do not find it in the least funny that the homosexual community now has ads on the Baptistboard. Who owns this board anyhow?

12. Internet Theologian

I believe Paul did in fact refer to some as what could be rendered 'dumb' by our usage of the word (Galatians 3:1) for wavering from the truth. There are some decent features here, but some abuse the negative features, and some only use them without making a response, which I also believe to be at the least cursory if not callow behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guilty as charged. :(

14. Internet Theologian

Guilty of Galatians 3:1 indictment, or abuse of the negative 'buttons'? I doubt you're guilty on either account. If you are 'repent!' :p

15. BrotherJoseph

Brother Internet Theologian,

In Galatians 3:3 Paul uses the word, "foolish to describe the Galations, "Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh". The Greek word for foolish in this text is ἀνόητος, ον and can be translated thoughtlessness. One must have a thought for it to be concluded as dumb, thus a thoughless person cannot be dumb. They are not synonyms by their Biblical meanings, but are in terms of there world meanings of the words, but we must remember scripture must interpret scripture and the text, not the dictionary is often the best way to come to a conclusion of the meaning of words used in scripture. Further we read in 1 Corinthians 1:27 again of the word "foolishness, it says, "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty" Does this mean the word foolish in the text means he has chosen the dumb things to the world to confine the wise? Of course not. The Greek work for foolish in this text is asthenés and is defined as weak. While faith is not certainly faith, to the Greek it was, thus we read of the wise in the preceeding verse, "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God" Obvioiusly again the word "foolishness" does not mean dumb, otherwise we would have to conclude this verse to say that God uses dumb things as the power of God! Nobody would contend that.

Finally in verse 21-27 Paul summarizes what he means by the "foolishness of God", "
    20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption"

To the unregenerate, the foolish things of the world that confine the wise is faith as it goes against intellect of the natural mind, bur rather relies on the "mind of Christ:" that God has imparted to HIs children to "freely" understand those things that He has revealed to them. If God can reveal his teachings to someone through a dumbass, "But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet" (2 Peter 2:16) it doesn't take a genius to concede that it has pleased him to confine the wise of this world through what they perceive is the "foolishness of preaching" and "faith". I do not believe Paul ever declared anyone dumb in the entire Bible, but posters are doing left and right. That is an ad hominem attac that serves no purpose and the feature should be disabled from Baptistboard. What kind of a witness does it believe to a seeker?.

Excuse my long drawn out post on this post and I pray I am not in error.

Brother Joe

#55 BrotherJoseph, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  16. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed on that! Someone continues to ring up dumb and dislikes all over my posts!

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you blaming someone for doing what YOU have been doing RD? It seems you have a heavy hand when it comes to issuing 'notices.'

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The brothers having said good-bye and the thread having degenerated it is closed.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.