1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adrian Rogers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by insuranceman, Nov 15, 2005.

1. insuranceman

insuranceman New Member

Adrian Rogers passed from this world in the glorious presence of Jesus this morning. What a man of God he was!

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Southern Baptist Convention's "Prince of Preachers"

Can you imagine, though----one day he's preaching about Jesus and the next day he's in the presence of Jesus!!!

He joins the ranks of past SBC preachers now in the presence of their Lord

R G Lee

W A Criswell

Homer Lindsey, Jr.---I can hear Dr. Lindsey now, "WEEEEEEEEEEL, Adrian!! What da ya think???"

among a host of others!!

***Moderator note***

As Moderator of this forum I would like to take personal priviledge to highlight this topic in special memory of Dr. Rogers. Information concerning funeral arrangements and times can be seen on the Bellevue Baptist website,

www.bellevue.org

[ November 15, 2005, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: blackbird ]

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just ran across this past info in case any are interested, not that his suffering is of great interest when he is now home :)

Baptist Press

Former Southern Baptist Convention President Adrian Rogers was on a ventilator and his health appeared to be "declining" Sunday night as he battled double pneumonia, a statement on his ministry's website said. As of Monday morning, his condition was "unchanged," another statement said. "Dr. Rogers has been undergoing chemotherapy treatments for colon cancer," the statement posted Monday morning on the Love Worth Finding website reported. "Due to complications, a blood clot has formed in his lungs causing double pneumonia. He is currently on a ventilator to help his breathing." The statement urged those concerned to "to continue praying for him." "Just as Dr. Rogers has told us, we trust our great God," the statement read. Rogers, 74, who retired earlier this year as pastor of the Memphis-area Bellevue Baptist Church in Cordova, Tenn., has been undergoing treatment for colon cancer the last several months, following surgery May 16. Rogers told Baptist Press in June that he was "optimistic about full remission" and that he was "doing well" for someone "in my category." Rogers played a key role in the SBC conservative resurgence and was elected president in 1979, 1986 and 1987. He is credited with helping bring the denomination back to its historical, orthodox roots.

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

He will be so missed!! [​IMG]

5. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

He will be missed, but what an impact he had and will continue to have on Christianity.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I was sad to hear this.

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Sad day for us. Great day for brother Adrian. What a voice, I will miss that booming baratone. I will miss his love for the Word of God and for God's people. He was an example to all us preachers who have come behind him. He has run the race, he has finished the course and from my perspective he did it well. Thank you Lord for the blessing of knowing and learning from your man.

Bro Tony

8. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

There is a thread on the Fundamental Baptist Forum on this sad news as well. As I stated there, he was my favorite preacher.

How sad we are, but how happy he now is. Praise the Lord for giving us him!

9. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just yesterday, I heard a Dr. Rogers sermon on my radio at work. I believe he retired as pastor of Bellevue under God's influence because God was preparing to bring him home. He allowed Dr. Rogers to stay long enough to help in the selection of Steve gaines as his successor.

Thank you, God, for making Dr. Rogers such a great preacher and allowing us to hear him through radio & TV. You indeed blessed & edified us through him! AMEN

10. west

west New Member

He was on of my favorites .