1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Adventures in Evangelism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Why would you ever tell somebody they "may not" be elect? You not only told that man, but you told everyone within earshot. Telling this to anyone is not part of the gospel. Like Winman said, the gospel is good news.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps I should not say that, but I do make clear that I do not know who and who is not the elect as only God knows.

Just emailed a Reformed pastor friend and he will give me advice. Plenty of Arminian brothers out preaching repentance and perhaps I should not preach this to avoid offending them.

#22 evangelist6589, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by evangelist6589 View Post
    The Ugly
    .... I simply rebuked him and said that it may be possible he may not be of the elect and those whom God had called to salvation and to him God is dead, the Bible is full of fairly tales and lies, and the church full of hypocrites. He simply was blinded by Satan and bound in his sin. I said my message was for all, but only the elect would hear it. MAN NEEDS TO BE BROUGHT TO THE CROSSROADS WHERE HE SEE'S HIMSELF WITHOUT HOPE. I would have said, but only sinners would here it, instead of only the elect will hear it. I then would explain by scripture what a sinner is. To those that see themselves as sinners, there is hope because Christ Jesus came into this world to save sinners. To those that reject the message and say they are not sinners, they cut themselves off without hope.

#23 salzer mtn, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
  4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I made a error. Read what I said here.

http://www.thecalvinistcafe.org/forum/index.php?topic=1193.0

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

He was just being honest Amy, he said what Calvinism truly teaches, that God only elects some persons, and only those persons can be saved.

Calvinism, when being blunt and honest is NOT the gospel, it is NOT good news.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its a very divisive issue of which my Reformed Baptist pastor friend suggested I not go that route of which I agree and made a mistake.

Read this.

http://www.thecalvinistcafe.org/forum/index.php?topic=1193.0