1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

African-Americans Most Religiously Devout Group

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 3, 2009.

1. targus

targus New Member

Nobody said that.

I merely question the notion that such a group is the "most religiously devout group".

My gut tells me that the "most religously devout group" who ever that may be would not have voted in almost perfect union for a politician that has made the promotion of abortion a virtual keystone of his political career.

Just as was predicted Obama made th expansion of abortion a top priority... by extending use of our tax dollars to pay for abortions overseas.

With all that is wrong in our country and the rest of the world THIS is what he decides needs to be done FIRST.

2. targus

targus New Member

Nobody said that.

I merely question the notion that such a group is the "most religiously devout group".

My gut tells me that the "most religously devout group" who ever that may be would not have voted in almost perfect union for a politician that has made the promotion of abortion a virtual keystone of his political career.

Just as was predicted Obama made the expansion of abortion a top priority in his presidency... by extending use of our tax dollars to pay for abortions overseas.

With all that is wrong in our country and the rest of the world THIS is what he decides needs to be done FIRST.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since there is very little any president can do about abortion and because even if illegal they will not stop it might be wiser to consider abortion and all other issiues before deciding who to caste a vote for. To vote because of one issue probably is not the wisest course a person can take.

And, yes I am against abortion.

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I'm glad that God is on no one side. We, instead, need to be on his side.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Voting to enable murderers, knowingly, is sinful. Forgiveness comes after repentance. So who has repented?

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

When all is said and done here on BB, you might be the only going to heaven.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ah yes...the old personal attack. Good tactic. How is that working for ya?

8. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Nothing personal, my brother. Just an observation I've made from all your posts.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Really so what posts suggested that I was the only one going to heaven...which by the way is a personal attack.

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

It seems like you've set higher standards than God himself.

That's my problem with your posts.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what are these standards? And maybe you could have just said that instead of the personal attack.

#31 Revmitchell, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2009
  12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Since you're insistent on personal attack, What more can I say?

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So what are these standards?

14. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

If that is the case, then why do liberals try to slam every Republican president for not doing anything to stop abortion? Can't have it both ways.

15. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

That a black man could even be elected; I was hoping to be able to finally see the race issue as becoming irrelevant. (A color-blind economics is now the new glass ceiling). Yet I keep seeing this fingerpointing at the black community as having more "immorality", with statistics readily thrown up. (I've seen this on crosswalks too!) People are so good at that, when it comes to OTHERS' sins! Do we really (still) think some groups of people are "more sinful" or something? If we want "the race card" to finally disappear, once and for all, then this thinking has got to go!
    The criteria the article used was "attending services, praying and believing that God exists". We know this does not necessarily mean someone is right with God. I've never seen this site or magazine, so I don't know if they're liberal, or whatever. But to most, that is what is seen as "devout". And they are apart of a larger American culture which is very immoral. The difference is that white society became divided between religions conservatives (which have become increasingly marginalized), and the rest got immersed in rationalism and either watered down religion, or rejected it altogether in favor of science/technology (e.e. "We don't need God anymore"/"God is unreal", etc) and secularism. So that is what characterizes the larger American culture. In the black culture, the division was not as sharp, and they held onto the outside trappings of religion more, or at least continued to respect the institution of church even though they too are largely secular. Also, those who rejected christianity usually turned to forms of Islam, or other concepts of "spirituality". So no need to get defensive and try to point like little children at "their" bad behavior.

16. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

The racial divide in America and around the world will never be totally obliterated this side of heaven. Why? Man's sinful nature. Even for some who are truly saved, race issues still haunt them.