1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

African-Americans on Gay "Enemiy List"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

African-Americans, 70% of whom voted yes on Proposition 8, according to a CNN exit poll, have become a target. According to eyewitness reports published on the Internet, racial epithets have been used against African-Americans at protests in California, directed even at blacks who are fighting to repeal Proposition 8. Said Evan Wolfson, executive director of Freedom to Marry, "In any fight, there will be people who say things they shouldn't say, but that shouldn't divert attention from what the vast majority are saying against this, that it's a terrible injustice." (See the Top 10 ballot measures.)
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/200811...ofullnation;_ylt=AtYYWzy609FzQXtNSEpJXp6s0NUE

Could this be one of the issues that could bring Blacks into the conservative movement for 2012? All my black co-workers voted for Obama of course but they are all vehemently opposed to gay marriage. If the animosity continues toward blacks for their voting yes on prop 8 in California and their vote is overturned by the Supreme court it could result in them turning their backs on the Democrat party and it could be a starting point to sway black voters toward a conservative ideology.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Most people are not one issue voters outside most anti-abortion voters. I think issues like jobs, medical care, education will trump a difference on homosexual rights. They can vote against homosexual special treatment but still support the Democratic party because of an overriding concern about life and death issues. We might have 12-15% unemployment by then. This "severe recession" is real.

<inappropriate comment deleted - LE>.

#2 JustChristian, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you mean like the deaths of millions of babies before and after birth?

<inappropriate comment - quote - deleted - LE>

#3 Revmitchell, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

<PA deleted - LE>

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I would think this would turn g@ys to the conservative party since the democratic leader is black. My thinking...

Wow LE, you had to get out the ax on this thread... Good for you. :thumbs:

6. targus

targus New Member

Not much depth of thought there.

The conservative party doesn't support g@y marriage either so it's not likely that they would turn there.

As for African Americans turning towards the Republican party down the road it depends on what the future brings.

My guess is that the government dependent (of any race) will stick with the democrats as long as they are promising to hand out goodies.

The self reliant and self determined (of any race) will tend towards the conservative party.

But first the Republicans will have to get back to being the conservative party.