1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

After life appearance

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by IAMWEAK_2007, Jan 15, 2010.

1. IAMWEAK_2007

IAMWEAK_2007 Member

what will be the appearance in the after life? will it be the physical condition at the moment the human dies, a baby would be everlasting baby?

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Trying to descrbe Heaven to a person while on earth is like trying to describe molecular biology to a 6 month old. There's no possible way that child can comprehend it until s/he has become a learned adult. Likewise, a person who is on this earth cannot possibly comprehend Heaven until s/he has entered into glory after death.

PS: I was going to say "Trying to descrbe Heaven to a person while on earth is like trying to describe plate techtonics to Pat Robertson", but reconsidered.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==The Bible does not answer that question, so I have to say that I don't know. Whatever appearance a person has in eternity will be fine. I know they will not be old, sick, or helpless. Have you read the book "One Minute After You Die" by Erwin Lutzer? It is really good. If you have not read it, you should check it out (HERE).

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't think we can say anything past what the bible really says about it. There is no possible way to know. Any answer would speculation not based on biblical facts.

5. grahame

grahame New Member

Of course we have that description in Revelation chapters 21 and 22.

6. saved by grace

Site Supporter

According to St. Paul 1 Cor 2:9 "Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard what God has prepared for those who love him"

1 Cor 15:51 “ Behold, I tell you a mystery. We shall not all fall asleep, but we will all be changed, in an instant, in the blink of an eye, ….the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed….that which is mortal must clothe itself with immortality.”

Clearly our bodies will become glorified just as Jesus was after the resurrection where He could walk through walls, vanish at once and yet he was able to eat with the apostles. I believe that we will have unimaginable powers and there will be incredible beauty for us to behold in God's kingdom.

The early Church Father Origen speculated that we will all be raised from the dead as if we were 33 years old. This makes sense to me. Jesus was 33 when He was raised from the dead. A baby that dies would then be raised as if he were 33 years old. A person that dies in old age would be raised in their 33 year old body.

7. Peggy

Peggy New Member

I liked being 33. :)

There is no way that we can comprehend what God has in store for those who love Him and are His people. We will be more alive in Heaven than we were on earth!

8. grahame

grahame New Member

Drat, I was at my ugliest then.

9. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is no way to come to an answer on this matter because it is not for us to know. The Scriptures seem to indicate this abundantly. :)

10. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One lady who heard this was devastated. She was expecting most of that year in her life, and she didn't want to go through eternity that way!

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, obviously she will not be pregnant for eternity, cause the (0) stated that a baby was punishment; ergo, such will not be in Heaven!!:tongue3::smilewinkgrin: