1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

After Roe versus Wade is Reversed

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JustChristian, Jan 17, 2009.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I wouldn't know about that so I can't comment. :)

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

How many babies were murdered during Bush's presidency. He reduced the 8 year number of 8 million by less than 15,000. The blood of 7,985,000 babies is on your hands. There have been about 100,000 murders of innocent noncombatants in Iraq. Do you really feel so good about what your president did? Why?

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

#82 JustChristian, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Your logic is irrational, especially for someone who professes to be an engineer with 34 years experience.

The truth is: President Bush is against the murder of unborn children. A vote for him was a vote against the murder of unborn children though his success was limited by the courts.

A further truth is: O'bama is for the murder of unborn children and the murder of just born children in the event of a failed abortion. A vote for him is a vote to continue the murder of unborn children particularly since he has promised to sign a Freedom of Choice Act which would remove all restrictions on abortion.

Furthermore, to say that the blood of those aborted is on the hands of those who voted for President Bush is asinine. The number would have been higher if your candidates Gore and Kerry had been elected since they would have vetoed the Partial Abortion Act. Also, what is the basis for your 15,000?

4. OldRegular

If you voted for O'bama then you voted for abortion because he has promised to sign a Freedom of Choice Act that would remove all restrictions on abortion. Furthermore, this man voted against a bill in the Illinois State Senate that required medical treatment for babies who survived abortion. This man is all heart!!!!. Satisfied?

By the way if you are preaching Jesus Christ you should be preaching against abortion and those who support it, not voting for them.

#84 OldRegular, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
  5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well I don't see a vote for someone in an election as a vote supporting abortion. That is a misque in thinking, particularly given the type of government we live in. If we lived in a direct democracy than I could agree...but we don't. We live in a federal constitutional republic. I've said this elsewhere, but I'm certain that at some point in all of our voting lives you have voted for a candidate that supported abortion who was running at the local, state, and national level.

Oh, and there is no apostrophe in President Obama's name. You can do you best to make him out to be a terrorist, but it just show immaturity on your part.

Well I didn't vote for him so I can't reply to this from that angle. But this is a backhanded slap against me and you should apologize. You're taking this issue and making it personal and that is wrong. You have demonstrated nothing but a rampant likening to being an immature Christian in this thread and others. You don't know me.

Where have I supported abortion? Show me. Where have I said I want more abortions and people who vote for abortion (politically) should be supported? Where. Show me.

Also I'm still waiting for your list...or was that just a ploy to try to make a poor argument?

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right!:thumbs:

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see: with the alternative to Bush, we would have had the full 8 million, now wouldn't we?

Jesus once said that a shepherd would leave his ninety-nine sheep to search for the one that was lost; I also know that not everyone I witness to will be saved. By that principle, I rejoice for the 15,000 that Bush prevented from being murdered, as opposed to the alternatives, which would have most definitely allowed them to be murdered.

Oh, and by the way: Your count of 100,000 civilians in Iraq caused by Bush? Grossly inaccurate. Somehow you're equating a boy found beheaded in south Touz Khormato to be Bush's fault. Somehow you're equating a family of 5 being killed by bombs to be Bush's fault. Somehow you're equating an Iraqi policeman killed by a roadside bomb to be Bush's fault.

Somehow, you're going to have to explain to me how those are Bush's fault.

8. OldRegular

Don't hold your breath!:laugh:

9. OldRegular

preachinjesus

I said that anyone who voted for a party and a candidate whose stated purpose is the murder of unborn children supports abortion. That is a fact. You are able to read the posts of those who rabidly supported O'bama. You can draw your own conclusions.

I will repeat: If you are preaching Jesus Christ you should be preaching against abortion and those who support it.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's an old story, Regular: I don't support abortion, but I support candidates who do.

I support a candidate who will get our troops out of Iraq ... and send them to Afghanistan.

Still can't wrap my head around it.

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What does it matter if you support candidates who SAY they are against abortion but then do little or nothing about it? What if you do that for 5 elections? What does that say about the candidates' party? What does it say about you?

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Bush Will Leave Strong Pro-Life Legacy on Abortion, Bioethics Issues

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Americans may have their dispute with President Bush on other political issues and those disputes may have led them to support pro-abortion Barack Obama for president. But top pro-life leaders say Bush will leave behind a very strong and lasting legacy as a champion of the pro-life cause.

During his administration, President Bush saw abortions decline to historic lows and he made history himself by signing the first measure to ever ban a form of abortion.

Every pro-life leader LifeNews.com contacted showered Bush with words of praise.

"President Bush's conviction that innocent human life deserves respect in law and culture runs deep," Concerned Women for America president Wendy Wright said.

"From signing pro-life laws, instituting pro-life regulations, to promoting pro-life international policies, he faced vicious opposition yet did not relent. Bureaucrats worked to undermine and thwart his policies, sometimes working hand-in-hand with pro-abortion groups and hostile media. But he was not deterred," she said.

More Here

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mainly rhetoric. Look at the bottom line impact. Very small.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do I wish Bush had done more? You betcha.

But at the end of the day, can you say that the candidate you voted for will do at least as much as Bush did?

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not bringing it to an end does not mean having done very little. Your argument has failed. But I realize you need it to justify your position.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Bush Blocks U.N. from Declaring Abortion as "Human Right"

The US has insisted abortion should not be recognised as a human right, at a review of progress 10 years after a major conference on women's rights.

More Here

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The number of abortions per woman 15-45 declined faster under Clinton than it did under Bush. It was probably due to his economic policies which produced a better national economy. How do you explain this, abortions going down faster under a Democrat than a Republican?

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't matter. Today, in the present--not the past--we have President Obama. Who you voted for. Who is in the process of allowing your tax dollars to help pay for abortions around the world. Who has already authorized a military strike on Pakistani territory.

At the end of the day, can you say your candidate will do at least as much as Bush did?

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so, I poured over the public voting record of John McCain and found it clean and clearly pro-life.

During his campaign he didn't hesitate at all when asked about his views concerning his pro-life position.

A man's public statements and voting record are my criteria.

If he votes for pro-life bills and they are defeated it's not his fault.
    If he votes against pro-choice bills and they are accepted its not his fault.

If a man votes "present" (which is neither yea or nay) concerning pro-life/pro-choice I can't know his position and I won't vote for him whether he says he is pro-life or not. To quote a cliche "actions speak louder than words".

Both must be clean.

At least Bush and McCain tried and in some cases were successful.

President Obama voted 129 "present" votes some of which were pro-life/pro-choice.

He is on the "spoken-word" record as being pro-choice. So he is honest about it with his news-media record. He is also on the record as having said that he wants to see less abortions (so also said the Clintons).
    That's better than saying nothing or saying one wants to see more.

But one abortion is too many.

There was no doubt where he stood before the election.
    OK, lets wait and see.

HankD

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.factcheck.org/society/the_biography_of_a_bad_statistic.html

HankD