1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

After Roe versus Wade is Reversed

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JustChristian, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Fuller Professor.....no wonder.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, JustChristian - what do you have to say now?

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (holding breath)

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? What color is your face right now?:laugh:

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I just wasn't clear in the way I worded this. I never intended for it to mean that the fetus causes it's own abortion. Abortions which the woman herself causes are called self-induced.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Actually, I've already accepted that the number of abortions went down under Bush. On page 10 of this thread I said:

The number of abortions per woman 15-45 declined faster under Clinton than it did under Bush. It was probably due to his economic policies which produced a better national economy. How do you explain this, abortions going down faster under a Democrat than a Republican?

The number of abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44 peaked in 1981 and has been going down ever since.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your premise was that Bush did nothing about abortions, and therefore was no different than the president we have now.

It's been shown that Bush made some efforts to reduce the number of abortions, and we've all admitted that under his presidency, abortions continued to decline.

Now, under President Obama, we're already seeing a reversal to use taxpayer funds for abortions world-wide. We already know that he won't support any anti-abortion legislation. The test there will be in 4 years, when we can look back and see whether the number of abortions continued to decline.

Further, you proposed that Bush was responsible for the killing of 100,000 innocent civilians in Iraq. That's already been proven to be a false number, because the web site you used for that includes people killed in areas where there was no military action. Somehow, you'd like to tie that into the "invasion" of Iraq, but the truth is that those type of killings occur in that country anyway.

Even further, your premise in bringing up this "greater respect" for life goes out the window with the announcement this week that, under Obama's presidency, we already bombed Pakistan. And that we're sending at least 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan.

So the premise that Bush had/has less respect for life than the current president? Shot to pieces.

You just need to admit it, and stop opening threads in an effort to justify your vote for the current president.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yea Obama is already becoming a huge disappointment to liberal christians who compromised their biblical principles to vote for him.

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I will believe that when I see some of them admit it on this Forum. Unlike Don I am not holding my breath.