1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age and Spirituality

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by UnchartedSpirit, Aug 20, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Neuro-scientiests say at some spicific point in life the brain starts to lose its ability to understand new concepts such as the given elderly vs. computer hassles many are faced with. Does that also mean Elder Christians have a harder time to learn new insights or principles into God's Word? What would happen then if a senior is only a "babe" in Christ? Can the Holy Spirit override the cranial streess to enlighten the older generations?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I know a man who was saved in his 70's and has grown in leaps and bounds in his understanding of scripture. Learning the scriptures, learning and understanding the spiritual truths of scritpure is a work of the indweling Holy Spirit, nothing is stronger the Him.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I thought wisdom come with age and that also has been my experience in life. After we reach 80 I don't know if we need to be a brain surgeon after that. I would like to know who gave away the store in these United States the old or young?

#3 Brother Bob, Aug 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2006
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good reply, donnA. The things of God are discerned with the spirit, not with the brain.

5. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

Wonder what the relationship of the 'neuroscientists' with the Lord looks like?
    Seriously, I was a 'christian' for my whole life, always in church! Only when I was almost 70 yrs old did I come to a full understanding of our God! I most earnestly prayed for His help and understanding of His word and to guide me to a church where it was taught! I began to avidly read, both His word and the great theologians of long ago, John Bunyan, Augustin, Richard Sibbes, Thomas Brooks, Thomas Manton and so many others that I now have a wonderful library and such a greater knowledge of God and His plan! I know Him, not just about Him! I humbly thank HIm for this part of my life that allows such to take place! His grace is truly amazing! Say what you will, but my brain seems to function quite well thank you and I had my 75th birthday this past June!
    Soli deo gloria!

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It was the JW... :laugh: :laugh:

If God is the same, how do we know they didn't already know the new insights or principles into God's Word?