1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age of Accountability

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mojoala, May 12, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

My Bible don't read that way. I will stick with mine.

14: But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
    15: Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

2. whatever

whatever New Member

How does a little child receive the kingdom of God if not by faith?

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Because Jesus and God gave it to them. He said "such is the Kingdom of God". It belongs to God and He gave it to them until they sin which is when they know to do good and do it not. It is not mine to hold back or to give. It is the Lord's.

4. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have heard and read other Preachers say the same thing.
    Faithgirl

5. whatever

whatever New Member

So He gives it and then He takes it away, until they believe, in which case He gives it back? I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone explain it that way. This sounds like two different ways of salvation, one by faith and one not by faith. Is that what you believe or have I misunderstood?

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

They were not "saved". They were not lost until they sinned. When I say "lost" I mean the second death. You do believe you have to sin it be lost don't you. Now maybe you believe infants sin, I don't. How can they for they must transgress the Law to sin and they don't know enough to crawl. I wish I was as innocent as a infant don't you?

7. whatever

whatever New Member

So they were "lost" but the kingdom of God was theirs? I don't want to put words into your mouth, I just want to understand what you mean.

I believe that in Adam all of mankind became sinners, including infants. I'd rather have Christ's righteousness than an infant's innocence.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I believe that Adam sinned and brought death on all mankind and as soon as a child is born it begins to die, ok? What I didn't say was that it has sinned and was lost. It has to die a natural death because of the sin of Adam but the second death has never been pronounced upon it so is IS NOT lost. It becomes lost when it sins itself and that is when it knows what sin is or the Law. Even Paul said "I was once alive without the Law", now the law was around before Paul was ever born so he couldn't of meant the law was added while he was born but yet he was alive without the Law. What does that mean. It means that the Law had never entered his heart and he knew not sin. But the Law did enter at a time in his life and sin revived and he died in trespasses in sin and the second death was pronounced upon him and he needed the blood of Christ to wash them white as snow. I hope you can understand what I have said. I have tried to put it as plain as I can. Let me add one other thing, I believe if a baby dies it goes to Heaven. I totally dispise the teachings of a baby in Hell!!!

#88 Brother Bob, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006
  9. whatever

whatever New Member

Just for the record I don't believe babies go to Hell. I'll ponder the rest of your post. I did misread what you wrote before where you said "They were not "saved". They were not lost until they sinned." I missed the second "not", sorry about that.

#89 whatever, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006
  10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thats ok, I have to go to bed, I am an old man.:sleeping_2:

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

If they are getting to heaven another way, then they are a thief and a robber.
    There is only ONE way to heaven.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

This is what is ridiculous and you misread or didn't understand for where there is no knowledge there is no sin.
    Paul said I would not of known sin except the Law said thou shalt not commit adultery.

You are trying to overrule Jesus Himself. He is the one who said "such is the Kingdom of Heaven", not me. I will listen to Him.

You have to believe infants in Hell and I hate that kind of doctrine.

13. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

So, someone is a country that NEVER hears the LAW goes to heaven?
    Is that what you are saying?
    Yes, I understand that you hate it but you also hate the fact that God is soverign in salvation and not man. God chooses us, we don't Choose Him.

You may hate it and I don't want to believe it but I still am not convinced that it isn't true.

Some people hate the doctrine that we are sinners but that doesn't change the fact that it is true.

14. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Of course! I am a sinner and I always will be.

A sinner saved by grace...