1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age of Accountability

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Zenas, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No doubt about it, for sure. I see you sleep about as well as I do. I have never gotten a good pattern back since I retired from a midnight shift over a year ago.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im convinced Willis that if God left anything up to man, that man in his sin nature would have embarrassed God by laughing at Christ hanging there on the cross. Man, if left to his own sin nature would just have laughed & carried on sinning. You talk of responsibility & I have to answer you with...."Are you quite serious"? Man & sin & responsibility? IT DOES NOT COMPUTE! LOL

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    to me, what was sin but reality. & no I didnt wake up & bam. It was a progression of events that knocked me off my high horse.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would you choose to follow christ....If all your needs are being met? Why? Then you have to alter your career in drinking & cavorting. Now the devil, he is a fan of man......" here you go son, here is all your toys. Thanks sir, can I have some more.

Now with God its, dont touch! What do you mean dont touch? Im in NYC, the big apple.....there are pretty women, drinking, drugs, cars, parties everything I want....a veritable playground. What do you mean dont touch?:laugh: Thats how the unsaved think. What you gotta do really is save them from themselves. Responsibility....I dont think so.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spoken like a true Pietist...fervent devotion to Christ that nonetheless is more interested in personal experience than biblical doctrine.....Classic. Hates coherent doctrinal framework & systematic theology.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes & Pelagian read scriptures & got a whole different interpretation than did Augustine. Now its time to write some doctrine.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What side is that ....dark side of the moon? :laugh:

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I think that is a possibility, but I would add that I don’t think it would have to be an awareness of just the law. Just at the point we felt guilt for violating our conscience if the text is suggesting that. In some areas they never hear the law. Even so I would not run around and claim that this is a proof text for the age of accountability as it still leaves serious questions.

#108 freeatlast, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
  9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is true in a sense. For those that never hear the Gospel, Romans 1 talks about enough revelation of the Lord through oberving His Creation. You can get into all sorts of different views of different situations, but the only group I can think of that could not grasp right from wrong as we call it would be those whose mental capabilities never developed. Only the Lord knows. I do know one thing. We hear Scripture Sunday after Sunday, year after year, where some never hear. We in this country are certainly going to have no excuse in that area.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct there is something different after the death burial and resurrection of Jesus the Christ than it was before his death burial and resurrection concerning man. The first man Adam was made a living soul and was the figure of him to come that is the Word made flesh a living soul in the likeness of the first man Adam and died the last Adam and resurrected a quickening spirit. In Jesus the Christ, born of Mary God is changing man and man has nothing zilch to do with it.

Presently you would say we are under the great commission Go ye and make/teach. From what you quoted above:
    And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: Why?
    For they shall all know me from the least to the greatest. How?
    I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

From my post 47. Please read
    There is a line from verse three of "There is a Fountain" that says,
    "be saved to sin no more"
    Is this absolutely true? Will there be a time when we in a body that is in an house not made with hands will be saved to sin no more? There is a reason that this is said of the Word made flesh a living soul that died, after he was raised from the dead. Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
    He was the cause, the first to bring it forth by being raised from the dead as Col. 1:18 says And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence

Please read post 47. The Thessalonians were not concerned about some babies that died if they had gone to heaven or not, neither were they concerned if there friends who had died went to heaven or not. They were concerned about how their dead friends were going to be in the kingdom of God and Paul told them just as they believe Jesus died and was raised from the dead by the same way would God bring them with Jesus into the kingdom of God at his coming. They will then be spiritual beings with the laws of God in them and will be saved to sin no more for they will be born again.

#110 percho, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.