1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Agenda 21 implementation

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jul 27, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Agenda 21 has never been debated or adopted by the Congress of the United States. Nevertheless, it is being vigorously implemented by the administrative agencies of the federal government, and by other nations around the world. More than 150 nations, including the United States of America, are participants in the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD). America's participation is not the result of an international treaty, ratified by Congress. America's participation is the result of George Bush signing Agenda 21 at the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development in Rio, and the current administration's desire to implement its objectives.

Participating nations voluntarily submit an annual report to the CSD. In April, 1996, another massive gathering in Rio, evaluated the progress toward the implementation of Agenda 21, five years after it was adopted. Staggering progress has been made world wide, and particularly in the United States. The following chart indicates progress made toward 32 specific Agenda 21 objectives. The solid lines indicate the percentage of participating nations that have programs in place to achieve each of the objectives, or activities, listed on the left. The striped lines indicate the percentage of participating nations that are currently developing such programs. Look carefully at the program activities, and the percentage of nations that already have active programs in place for each activity; Global implementation of Agenda 21 is much very close to reality. In the United States, programs are already in place to achieve each of the objectives. The United Nations rates as "very good" the progress of the United States in each of these categories.

<snip>

In America, the Constitution requires that consensus on public policy be hammered out in public by elected officials, not by 28 appointed individuals, carefully selected because of their known support of the principles expressed in Agenda 21. This UN description of the PCSD is found in a section of the report entitled "Integrated Decision-making," also known as the "consensus" process. All federal agencies have now adopted this "consensus" process to by-pass Congress and other elected bodies, to build consensus on Agenda 21 activities at the local, state, and national levels. The UN report describes America's progress in each of the activity areas in glowing terms.

Continue On To The Chart

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I don't know if this was ever discussed here or not but I would really like to see how you all feel about this Agenda 21 and what it means to you. So, I'm not joining in on this discussion if there is one. I reckon most here that know me can guess how I feel about it already. [​IMG]

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Without actually knowing anything about it, off-hand sustainable development sounds like a desirable policy. I don't believe the UN has the current administration's talent for giving names that contradict the actual policy.

So, tell me why I'm wrong....

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I can't think of a single issue that has been advantageous to the United States in any of these global treaties. Especially if the United Nations is involved. Ah...a litmus test.