1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Aggressive Soul Winning

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 1, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Is it possible for you to post without your sarcastic remarks?

2. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Wasn't being sarcastic... :thumbsup:

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This passage is not about changing the church service to fit the preferences of a lost person, but about an individual adapting to another individual's culture to reach that person for Christ.
    You're missing the point of SS. I'm certainly not against getting someone into church who is lost. I've done it myself, then seen them saved through an evangelistic message. What is different about the SS method is that it teaches changing church to fit the lost person's preference--his music and culture. But the primary Bible way is to go to where the sinner is.
    All of this is good--and I've seen all of this in ASW churches that do not do SS, except for the casual wear by the preacher. But sorry, I don't know what P & W is.
    This portrays what SS usually actually is--and it does not fulfill the definition of church as given in Eph. 4 and Heb. 10:25--a meeting where believers learn to serve God all week long, encouraging one another.

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I mean this Honestly. Not hatefully, YOU will never convince me, just as you do not wish to be like me in any way, I do not wish to be like you.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The issue you have is with the Bible.

1 Corinthians 14:38
    New King James Version (NKJV)
    38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Enough said........

6. quantumfaith

I will close with this. I will not, in some bumper sticker mentality throw scriptural references back and forth with you. If my problem is with scripture, then yours is also.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then what is your authority?

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 2:15

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

John 15:18-19

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Quantum I plead with you to read the scripture and take it seriously.

9. quantumfaith

I do,I just do not take YOUR take. You have convinced yourself of your own self worth beyond the the simple standing of righteousness that you are granted because of your relationship with God through faith in Christ. You move so easily into self righteousness, much like that of Pharisees and other religious leaders of old and we know the condemnation that Christ pronounced on such. Perhaps you too......as much as you think I need to....should re-evaluate what you think you know. Perhaps you too should re-evaluate the posture of your heart...is it bent toward self righteousness, or toward humility? And if you did, perhaps you might be granted more response to your street preaching.

#29 quantumfaith, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
  10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately I have to agree with qf here.

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, strictly speaking that is what the passage is about. But I believe it can have broader applications.

P&W = Praise and worship band.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know if I was what you claimed and accused me of I would not be reading a book on sin by Jerry Bridges. Besides that I did not get one scripture reference in your post, but nothing but a character attack on me. I am done reasoning with you for its impossible.

#32 evangelist6589, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
  13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan, quantumfaith was pretty much on target. Take it too heart.

On your other thread "A Compassionate Plea" the same assessment is made.

We're not trying to beat you up. But you need to listen to what we are saying --both Calvinists and nonCals --multiple individuals from both camps have been trying to get you to understand for quite a while now.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some that is.

15. quantumfaith

I try hard ( and fail at times) to not "attack". My comments were honest, heart-felt observations. You and I have differing "brands" of our faith in Christ. Perhaps your "brand" does appeal and pierce the hearts of some, it does not appeal to me. Please know you do not have a "corner on the market" as to how to live out your faith. Neither do I. I am content, but always investigating and learning when I can. I share the personal goal etched into the fabric of the church I worship, that is, to seek (yes seek) to communicate the Gospel in such a way to reach and hopefully used by the Holy Spirit to produce fruit among legions of people in my community who for whatever reason have had little to no affiliation with the "church proper". I will gladly accept any moniker (real, imagined, derogatory or otherwise) in order to be an impactful force in the lives of the unchurched. You may continue to denigrate and critize, me, Andy and the "type" of church in which I worship, I will simply try to ignore such, in my mind such mis-guided commentary.

16. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

This reminds me of an old joke about a young man who joined the Army. When asked how he was doing, the young man responded that he was doing very well — so well in fact that when they marched everyone was out of step except him...

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I Pearce and appeal to not a single soul. God is the one whom grants faith and repentance. All I do is obey Him and evangelism glorifies him.

18. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm just not sure it can be used in an exegetically proper way to justify the SS approach, though Ed Dobson also attempts it in the book I have. In missiology we use the passage for the process of contextualization in the society. However, contextualization is not about how we do church (as per SS) but about how we present the Gospel. For example, I've attempted in my Japanese tracts (not too successfully) to emphasize the character of the Japanese people so as to get them thinking about the Gospel. However, I've not tried to make our Sunday Service some kind of culturally Japanese experience. The truth is, however you do church here, it's "foreign" to the Japanese.
    Thanks. Yeah, I thought of this after I posted. It's a rare bird in Japan because most churches are so small, so it didn't come immediately to mind.

#38 John of Japan, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014