1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alcohol, Acts 29 and the SBC

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

The article made no mention of the addition to the President's home at SWBTS. You brought that issue up in an attempt to cast Dr. Patterson in a bad light in association with the article you reference.

While I agree with you that the salaries paid to our professors and staff at the six SBC seminaries leaves something to be desired, I think you ought to stick to debating/discussing the actual content of the article you referenced and not try somehow use a completely unrelated bit of news to cast Dr. Patterson and his wife in a bad light.

You are trying to connect dots to draw a picture when in reality the dots on the page actually have no connection to one another so you can draw whatever you want (Ben Cole is very good at doing this).

Likewise, I note that you have completely ingored my earlier post about some of the facts that you either did not know or negelected to acknowledge when you raised the issue regarding the addition to the President's home (so I'll repost them here).

#61 Bible-boy, Mar 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

There are numerous other ways for you to contact Dr. Patterson other than via his website. A phone call to his office, a snail mail letter, in person following one of his preaching engagements (or after a Chapel service at SWBTS) just to name a few.

I'd challenge you to contact him and ask him about some of the points you have attempted to raise in this thread before you just throw out the accusation(s) and expect everyone to follow you in condemning the man.

Office of The President
    Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
    PO Box 22040
    Fort Worth TX 76122
    Phone : (817) 923-1921 ext. 3010
    Fax : (817) 923-0610

Email: [email protected]

#62 Bible-boy, Mar 23, 2007
  3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What he said! (He beat me to it.)

gb, IMO, there are some obvious issues that you need to get over.

#63 SBCPreacher, Mar 23, 2007
  4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What makes you assume I have not?

The issues I have raised are very public by his own words and in the SBC media. They are in print and in his own words which you can listen to and read. So what is the problem with discussing issues which are public?

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I saw nothing to respond to because it was about SEBTS and very different issues than what are at SWBTS. They are not even the same issues. All of the previous presidents who lived in that home found it adequate. Mrs. Dilday entertained guests and cooked a lot of the food in her kitchen. The times she did not was when there were a lot of people.

6. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

So you have at least contacted them and found that they believed the house to be adequate?

Its pretty common for a new President to make significant changes to his house and offices. This really is a tired issue.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you showed that house to poor people they would say the people who live there are rich. If you contacted someone who was extremely wealthy they would have a different opinion. So that kind of an opinion is just that.

That house was very adequate for the previous three presidents.

Knowing you asked about the home. Is the presidents home adequate? Take a look at the home appraisal and ask yourself the same question. Then compare the size and appraisal compared to anyone else who lives in Ft. Worth and any pastor of a large church who lives there and compare for yourself. Only two people live there. Would 8,760 square feet be enough for two people? Dr. Hemphill had some of his children still at home while he was living there and the home was smaller then.

Source http://www.tad.org/Datasearch/re.cfm?Account=(.!8LI]X4JPT

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tarrant Appraisal District[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Real Estate[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]03/23/2007[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Account Number:[/FONT] 02699346 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Georeference:[/FONT] 37860-9-A [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Property Location:[/FONT] 1901 W Boyce Ave, Fort Worth [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Owner Information:[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sw Bapt Seminary Dev Fdn Inc [/FONT] % Greg Kingry PO Box 22480 Fort Worth Tx 76122 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Legal Description:[/FONT] Seminary Hill Addition Blk 9 Lot A

[FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Taxing Jurisdictions:[/FONT]

Show Available
    Homestead Exemptions
    026 City of Fort Worth 099 Regional Water District 220 Tarrant County 224 Tarrant County Hospital Dist 225 Tarrant County College Dist 905 Fort Worth ISD [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] This information is intended for reference only and is subject to change. It may not accurately reflect the complete status of the account as actually carried in TAD's database.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Certified Values for Tax Year 2006[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Land[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Impr[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2006 Total**[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2005 Total[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Market Value[/FONT] $27,287 $698,813 $726,100 $726,100
    [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Appraised Value*[/FONT] $27,287 $698,813 $726,100
    [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Approximate Size***[/FONT] 8,760

[FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Land Acres[/FONT] 0.0000
    [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Land SqFt[/FONT] 0

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Appraised value may be less than market value due to state-mandated limitations on value increases[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]**[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A zero value indicates that the property record has not yet been completed for the indicated tax year[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]***[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rounded[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif] 2006 Notice Sent:[/FONT] 04/06/2006 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Protest Deadline:[/FONT] 05/31/2006
    [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Exemptions:[/FONT] None
    [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif] Property Data[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Deed Date:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Class:[/FONT] 010 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Deed Vol:[/FONT] 000000 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]State Code:[/FONT] A1 Single Family [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Deed Page:[/FONT] 0000 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Garage Bays:[/FONT] 04 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Year Built:[/FONT] 1980 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Central Air:[/FONT] Y [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Pct Complete:[/FONT] 100 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Central Heat:[/FONT] Y [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TAD Map:[/FONT] 2042 368 [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Pool:[/FONT] N [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MAPSCO:[/FONT] 090L
    [FONT=Arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Agent:[/FONT] 08453 Martin, Hubert R Jr

#67 gb93433, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  8. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

So is your point that "adequate" is a subjective term and you are trying to avoid answering my question because you actually do not know how the others felt about the home? Or are you somehow trying to suggest that "adequate" is an objective term?

Of course, why this is a point at all in a thread about Alcohol and a church plant in Missouri is beyond me.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are right so I posted a response to you on a new topic which I started at President's home at SWBTS

10. dan e.

dan e. New Member

you should really stop typing. it is getting worse for you. do you realize the questions you have dodged in this thread because of your lack of knowledge on the situation with the church, your apparrant lack of understanding of the article, and your obsession with a house? please stop.

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is the reason why I moved the point so that it would not continue down that path. FYI, I use a computer now. My computer is not a typewriter.