1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alcohol in Moderation?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Jan 7, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you quoted your mulitplication tables during those same days, at least you would be fulfilling the command to "be fruitful and multiply."

2. atestring

atestring New Member

This so called moderation is killing our society!

3. kiwimac

kiwimac New Member

Jesus spoke of not putting "new wine" into old wineskins as when the wine proved it would burst them. This process is call fermentation & its sole function is to make fruit sugar alcohols.

Jesus would have kept the passover seder and alcohol is part of passover, moreover he would have kept purim and it is a mitzvah to be drunk at purim.

Kiwimac

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, Jesus wasn't really talking about putting new "wine" into old "wine"skins. He was really refering to putting new "grape juice" into old "grape juice" skins.

This is similar to the time when Jesus turned the water in grape juice. In fact, most of the Jewish weddings I've attended also have Welch's at the reception.

But then again, let's make sure that we read the Bible literally.

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did something like that recently. I put some grape juice into a used plastic jug, and a balloon with a tiny air hole on the neck. Oh, and I also put some yeast and sugar into the mixture, for some reason. Apparently that tiny hole wasn't big enough, as I was experimenting by putting in 50% more yeast than normal. I opened the closet where it was store and took a look, and much of the 'juice' had escaped and caked on the side of the jug. I didn't realize that mixture must have forced the 'head' all the way up into the balloon. But the balloon had not exploded, so most likely it escaped out the neck of the jug, even though the balloon was quite tight there. Anyway, I drank some prematurely last night (it definitely needs more aging) and it should still be a good jug in spite of the overflow.

I don't really know about wineskins, but I assume after one batch they are weakend to where they cannot contain the force of a new batch fermenting, which is what happened to my jug... but I don't think a used or unused balloon and jug would have made any difference ;) .