1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alien Baptism

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Ulsterman, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Popeye

Popeye New Member

Yes, absolutely...and I love the krispy Kreme analogy as much as Seekers wedding anology. Funny how many people think Baptism is how you get to Heaven...it is just how you identify with Christs death, burial and resurection. I agree with Seeker... and I don't understand exactly why the church made you pray and get baptised again...but I understand it's common in Baptist churches to not want to be unequally yoked with non-believers...and some churches think this marriage into the church sets aside all doubts. It wasn't a Baptist church that you originially got baptised in right? Probably some type of church that the Baptist church feels is in error, am I correct? Like Mormon, Catholic or Pentecostal?

2. jimslade

jimslade Guest

[ January 20, 2003, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: jimslade ]

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jim, does your inability to spell and define words correctly mean that you are a Neanderthal? I fail to find the humor in your Primitive Baptist comment, if any was intended.

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone want to disagree with the way The Primitive Baptist worship and their mannerism and practice fine and dandy... But I agree with all that Brother Jeff and Brother Robert had to say. You join my church unless you come from a Primitive Baptist Church you are rebaptised. If you are from a Primitive Baptist Church... A sister church of our same faith and order you are accepted by letter.

Another point that you all can disagree with if you want is that our preachers are self taught and come from within our ranks. Brother Jeff can correct me if I am wrong(but being in the church for 35 years I do know something)our preachers do not hail from any Bible College. That is not to say you preacher brethren do not get a good education but that is our way. That is not to say we don't except those who see our doctrine and come to our little flock but if you show that to one of the brethren you would probably get this answer... That's nice.

Any type of preacher school will not get you into our stand and the brethren after you have given evidence you have been called will try you in different churches of our same faith and order to see if it is true... This is called for those unfamiliar with our practice... Set at liberty!
    After you have proven that you have been called... Long Distance and not just a Local Call... You will be ordained. At the time you are ordained there will be many churches who will know of your gift to preach and you will have a place to preach... You won't wait for a church!... As the Bible states the time is short and the laborers are few... If you disagree with what I have said... That is OK!... I've heard it before and it really doesn't bother me!... I'm forth generation Primitive Baptist that I know of... And everyone on here should know what I believe by now.

Jesus Christ will save all his blood bought grace wrought children and not lose a one that he died for! [​IMG] ... Brother Glen [​IMG]

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not that the Primitive Baptists need defending, but I do not consider them Neanderthals.

I admit my knowledge of Primitive Baptists is confined to this board and my reading of their literature, but I find their beliefs very logically consistent.

Those whom I have met have been exceptionally tolerant, though not shy about upholding their faith.

BTW, I grew up in a SBC church that insisted on rebaptism for folks of other faiths. It was a sore point with our pianist, a truly godly lady who was originally baptized as a Pentecostal. But it was the stand of the church that it was necessary. Each church has the right to define its terms of membership.

[ January 17, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: rsr ]