1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alito Confirmed

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by BroTom64, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Amazing...
    This gentleman did not answer any questions when asked, cannot seem to recall things from his past, and has a history of not keeping his word, yet his appointment is a "great day for America."

I think many of those who see him as an ally in the fight to overturn Roe v. Wade are not only going to be very disappointed, but will find out that they are not part of the "establishment" as they erroneously think.....

Regards,
    BiR

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alito is a principled , thorough, experienced jurist who will be a credit to the Supreme Court.

3. Baptist in Richmond

can't............stop...........LAUGHING!!

Please provide us with any evidence that would indicate this. I asked for this several times when the confirmation hearings were taking place, and nobody could offer anything.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    can't............stop...........LAUGHING!!

Please provide us with any evidence that would indicate this. I asked for this several times when the confirmation hearings were taking place, and nobody could offer anything.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Go to video archives and watch the confirmation hearings. They confirm my statement.

If you know something Kennedy and his staff of dirt diggers didn't find, please share it with us.

After you stop laughing, of course. [​IMG]

5. Baptist in Richmond

It was all there.

He cannot remember his membership in the CAP.
    He broke his promises with respect to Vanguard funds, etc.
    He didn't really answer those questions about Roe v. Wade (even though Roberts did).

I don't need to dig up any dirt, it is all right there in the facts.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was all there.

He cannot remember his membership in the CAP.
    He broke his promises with respect to Vanguard funds, etc.
    He didn't really answer those questions about Roe v. Wade (even though Roberts did).

I don't need to dig up any dirt, it is all right there in the facts.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Nobody's perfect, but as a judge, he's head and shoulders above the hypocrite asking him about the non issue of CAP membership.

Either way, it's a lifetime appointment. I guess you'll just have to suck it up and take it. :D

7. Baptist in Richmond

That is simply proof that your blind partisanship polarizes your judgement. Thanks for displaying that for everyone. I was sure you would do it sooner or later.

If he is "head and shoulders" above the Senator from Mass, then why didn't he answer the question? Even you cannot deny that his lack of an answer puts him in the same boat with the people you so clearly do not like. Why did he have trouble recalling the membership when he very clearly put it on his resume? He is either being less than forthright or he has a memory problem. Either way, he is a bad choice for the highest court in the land.

I noticed that you didn't address the issue of keeping his word, especially with respect to any cases involving Vanguard Funds, for example. Did you notice what he offered as to why he broke his own word? I guess it is okay to make statements (under oath, right?) and then fail to live up to them.

:rolleyes:
    Yep, I heard Rush Limbaugh say essentially the same thing yesterday. I find it amazing that so much of what you offer can also be found coming from the man who is firmly ensconced behind the EIB golden microphone. Oh, I am sure it's purely coincidental.....

Won't it be funny if you find out that he lives up to my expectations? Judging by his track record, lack of memory, lack of direct answers, it just might happen.

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As it well past 2300, 2/1/2006, this thread is closed.