1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

all alone amillenialist

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by deacon jd, Sep 5, 2006.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mildly dispensational/premillennial here.

I do welcome my amillennial brothers and sisters :).

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Gotta wonder.

Re 20:1
    ¶ And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    Re 20:2
    And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    Re 20:3
    And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
    Re 20:4
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    Re 20:5
    But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    Re 20:6
    Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
    Re 20:7
    And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    Re 20:8
    And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    Re 20:9
    And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
    Re 20:10
    And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
    Re 20:11
    ¶ And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
    Re 20:12
    And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    Re 20:13
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    Re 20:14
    And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    Re 20:15
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Looks like A-millenialists fail this test.

Question one;

What does "A thousand years" mean?

Let's check Noah Webster.

Thousand : 1. Denoting the number of ten hundred.

Years: 1. The space or period of time in which the sun moves through the twelve signs of the ecliptic, or whole circle, and returns to the same point. This is the solar year, and the year, in the strict and proper sense of the word. It is called also the tropical year. This period comprehends what are called the twelve calendar months, or 365 days, 5 hours, and 49 minutes, within a small fraction. But in popular usage, the year consists of 365 days, and every fourth year of 366; a day being added to February, on account of the 5 hours and 49 minutes.

Now WHAT can we learn from this class?

Yep! The Millenium is REAL. And it lasts for, you guessed it, 1000 YEARS.

Thousand years is mentioned no less than six (6) times in this passage. Do you think God means 1000 years?

Ya'think?

Jesus will be here BEFORE this comes to pass, hence...PREMIL Return.

3. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Isn't God owns 1,001 hills of Psa. 50:10??

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

4. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

How can you prove that amill is the doctrine of devil?

I know many amills believe in Jesus Christ same as premills believe. Amills believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Amills believe Christ rosen from the death literally.

There is no reason why amill should be the doctrine of devil. Let you know, I never call premill, the doctrine of devils. I know many premills are truly Christians.

Eschatology doctrine have do nothing with salvation. Both premill and amill believe Jesus is coming. No big deal.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

5. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ya Think God means, "near" and "shortly" and "at hand" when He says those things???

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

6. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Taught pretrib premil but I'm currently leaning toward amil. I think JMac is premil, interested in his take on it.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What kind of rights do you think animals should have??? :laugh: :laugh:

I had an old deacon that recently went home with the Lord that would say, "I don't care when he comes cuz I gots my ticket".

8. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Amil is old school

Not only are PBs, but count us United Baptists as well. :)

9. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

amillenialist with more friends than I thought

Great to hear from all you guys, I feel much better now knowing that there are a few people left that haven't been brainwashed by popular teaching of the day. Actually dispensational premillenialism is not that old,it began in the mind of a man named John Nelson Darby, and made popular by very shady CI Scoffield. By the way according to the scriptures I became a Jew when I was born again(Rom 2:28-29).
    Oh and when Jesus comes back again he is coming in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God(2 Thess 1:7-8), and according to Mt.24:29-31 this will take place after the Great Tribulation.

10. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

deacon jd,

Amen! :thumbs:

In Christ

11. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

deacon jd,

Wait a minute, you say, you became Jew when you was born again. That mean you grew up as Gentile before you born again?

You do not have to become Jew. I am Gentile as at my birth. When you born again, you just simple became child of God, and join with the commonwealth of Israel, and join in the Olive tree share with Jews of Romans chapter 11. Very simple and plain.

In Christ

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

A wise former pastor related that someone asked him in Seminary, (I believe is where it was) during a fairly heated group discussion of 'Pre-mill', 'Post-mill', and 'A-mill', "Well, L---, are you 'Pre-', 'Post-', or 'A-'?"
    His very good answer, (to not get 'swamped' in the argument)- "I'm 'Pro-'! I'm all for it!"

Ed

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Good answer from the old deacon!

Ed

14. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are two possible dangers in discussing this topic, and both should be avoided.

1) You believe that the only possible view is your view and that all others are somehow inferior scholars/ministers/Christians if they do not agree with you.

2) You believe that Christians should be focused on bigger things and that Christians who try to study or to determine their view are somehow inferior to you.

I don't mean to say anyone here is in either camp, but I've seen these attitudes elsewhere.

15. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

sorry about the misundestanding

When I referred to myself as a Jew, I meant spiritually. I believe that no matter who you are you, there is only one way and that is through the blood of the Lamb. I guess I was just making sure that everyone knew where I stood on dispensationalism.

16. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Funny, that? Morgan Edwards wrote about it in 1744, I quote, "The distance between the first and second resurrection will be somewhat more than a thousand years.

I say, somewhat more-, because the dead saints will be raised, and the living changed at Christ's "appearing in the air" (I Thes. iv. 17); and this will be about three years and a half before the millennium, as we shall see hereafter: but will he and they abide in the air all that time? No: they will ascend to paradise, or to some one of those many "mansions in the father's house" (John xiv. 2), and disappear during the foresaid period of time. The design of this retreat and disappearing will be to judge the risen and changed saints; for "now the time is come that judgment must begin," and that will be "at the house of God" (I Pet. iv. 17)

I guess Darby must have had a time machine.

17. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

reply to StefanM

Of course I believe that I hold the correct interpretation of the scriptures. My real problem with premillenialism is that it teaches a second chance for those who are not saved at the return of Christ, and that my friend is going to cost men their very souls. What if I'm wrong and there is more time for that one that is not prepared? What if the pretribs are wrong there isn't? You could not pay me enough to stand before my Lord with the blood of the souls of men on my hands, because they were depending on more time that they never really had.

18. deacon jd

deacon jd New Member

reply to Ulsterman

Is 1744 as far back as you can go?

19. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I am premil/pretrib, but it really doesn't matter because God will take us when He is ready. Our only job is to BE ready...

20. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

No, I can go further back, to Brother Dolcino, say, and his sect called the Apostolic Brethren which taught a pretrib rapture around a.d. 1304. Or even further than that if you're really interested. Still, the Morgan Edwards quotation is sufficient to disprove your "premillennialism started with Darby" twaddle.