1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured All black LL team to LLWS ...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Aug 24, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An all black little league team will represent America in Sunday's Little League World Series game.

First, and foremost let me congratulate the kids and their coaching staff, and most importantly the parents of the boys. To get to the LLWS is an accomplishment of athletic dedication.

Here is my question. In this day and age, I was surprised to discover there were all "black" teams. Is it me, or would an ALL white team be permitted, without some form of protest from the black community? I just fail to see how an all same race team can get a free pass in this day of tolerance and political correctness?

What say you about this, and would an all white, or all Asian team get by without some form of protest from Al and Jesse and maybe Obama, too?

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An all white team, obviously, would be racist. An all black team is fine.

Blacks get a pass for pretty much everything. Black dating sites, Black Miss America, black colleges, black television networks, Black Congressional Caucus, black businessmen's associations, black business directories, black holidays, black this, black that.

There's such a double standard. You'll never see a white person with these privileges.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :rolleyes:So the kids did not get to there by merit? I say good for them.

What was the racial makeup of the area that they are from? It could be that there are no white kids...or that they are playing other sports.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember....privileges can be rescinded. Hopefully the presidential election will prove fruitful in restoring balance & "blind" justice to this great land.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

It's the same reason that we can't have WET (White Entertainment Television). White people are racists and black people are incapable of being racist.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There have been all white teams since 1946. Yall are some strange people. Complain left and right about so called "black thuggery", but then turn around and complain about anything that gives them a sense of purpose and self-worth.

Interesting.

Some of yall have OBVIOUSLY got a problem with black people right now. And throwing a "compliment" in at the beginning of a rant doesn't hide it.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Just a silly rationale while ignoring the overwhelming WHITENESS of just about every network.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. Sure looks like it. Funny thing is that I can't directly comment because the people making problematic statements are all in my killfile, where they belong!

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been pretty silent about all the race-based postings. Figured I'd exercise Proverbs 26:4. But this is about kids, who are at an age where skin color shouldn't matter; but the media--and now YOU--have apparently decided it shouldatter to them.

I gotta tell ya: I'm offended. You shoulda just stuck to the congratulations. But no: YOU had to go and do Jesse and Al's job for them, and make it all about race. YOU had to fall for the media trap and ignore the players' merit, and focus on the color of their skin.

I know you dislike Zaac railing on people about being racist; so how come it didn't cross your mind that you were giving him more reason to rail on people about being racist?

There is neither Jew nor Greek.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And....

You'll never see a white person protesting this or asking the ACLU to file a suit against it!

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

But I have not one time referred to anyone as a racist. But there is something else that has been showing its head on here for a while.

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This board is about DEBATE.....

And this is a debatable topic. Like someone has already pointed out. You don't have all white colleges and the White Entertainment Awards.

I have no problem with the team being composed of all black kids, but why do they chose to tout it and make a public display of racism?

Sure Zaac can list team after team that is composed of all whites, BUT those teams would not dare to refer to themselves as all white, for example:

The all-white team from the Great Lakes: 0r, the all-white team from Southwest: Lubbock; or the all-white team from Coon Rapids, MN? Well, you get the point.

For any team to refer to themselves as the ALL-White team from Timbucktoo would incite a flurry of legal actions, protests, and surely Al or Jesse would be down there with a local black child, demanding he be placed on the team!

This is why there are still black issues in this country. There are still blacks that want to be exclusively black, and they do not mind taking on the white man when the white race does something to offend them.

As for me, I strongly support the Jackie Robinson, all black team leagues. It doesn't bother me. It is in the memory of the first black man to play in the majors, and he was a brave individual that paved the way for players like Willie Mays, Bob Gibson, Maurey Wills, Roberto Clemente, to name but a few. Still, I do have a right, to voice my views as much as you and Zaac and ITL, so debate me all you want, but please don't BROW BEAT me for something that you all know is true!:smilewinkgrin:

And this is something that needs to be shared, because it shows that in an integrated society, that has supposedly assimilated and merged its cultures, we still have one group that has remained segregated, to some extent, while it insulates itself and separates itself from the rest of society, and then cries "wolf!" when the white man does anything offensive.

We can't be integrated if some folks choose to pick and choose who and what will remain segregated. We can't have both, or when a black is killed by a non black, it becomes the flashpoint of a race riot and the center of emotionally bad feelings!

Like you said, Don, "There is neither Jew or Greek, or Jew or Gentile!" So why is there an all black team in a mix, integrated society? YOu said it, I am just bringing up the question as to why?

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can you say the name of Jesus from the same mouth ....

.... that those falsifications come from? You may not directly call so and so a racist, but sure as hades infer racism, over and over. You have pronounced that title on the Rev. many a times. There is nothing worse than a liar, brother, and you are painting yourself into a corner that makes you a consistent fabulist. Inference is no different than actually saying it Because all your inferences and innuendos, may be between the lines, but after a while they become as glaring and bold as your out-and-out fabrications!

So to quote a well-known idiom, "Shame, shame we know your name!"

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD2 - here's the problem: where did the team refer to themselves as an all-black team?

You didn't provide a link in your OP, and your OP focused on others calling them an all-black team. So you've changed the conversation. Please clarify.

#14 Don, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
  15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YOu Asked, I Delivered. Enjoy!

Here are some inks for you brother!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/s...-race-at-little-league-world-series.html?_r=0

Please note who the celeberity in the photo OP is in this article? - http://www.eteamz.com/jrwll/

http://time.com/3162110/baseball-african-americans-chicago/

The media, and there in lies the problem, as the media has elevated the color make up of this team and made it their point to, well, point it out that this is an "All black team!"

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your point was: you don't have a problem with a team made up of all black kids, but why did they choose to tout it?

Where, in those articles, is the team making it about race?

The only thing I find is what you stated in your OP, and state again in your last paragraph: the media has made it a race matter. I agree; but why do you feel the need to give the media their due by picking up on it and making it some kind of debate?

Isn't it possible the media might stop race-baiting if we stopped responding to it?

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever ......:thumbs:

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Lie #1 because you obviously don't know what racism is.

Lie #2. I've never referred to Rev or anyone else on this board as a racist.

Do not refer to me as your Brother and a liar. If I have called anyone a racist, then produce said comment or let it be established who is really telling lies and the motive behind doing so.

You're confused again. I'm a grown man. If I want to call someone a racist because their actions measure up, then that's what you'll read on the screen. And if that gets me an infraction or banned, then I'm still a grown man and good with that.

And for the record you just confirmed you've born false witness against me.

SMH

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The perfect sentiment to sum up the tenor of certain posters. Some just want to be right and stir the "race pot" just as much as they complain about the President and the media doing it.

When your need to just be right outweighs a display of the love of Christ and you're stretching more and more with every thread to make something out of nothing because you know a certain demographic is fed up with Blacks and "all their complaining" and all their " reverse racism", it's time to just be quiet.

But as I've said before, politics has bred and put on display some of the angriest, nastiest, most disgusting and manipulative attitudes on this board and within the Body of Believers that I've ever seen. And it gets worse everyday because the sentiment is "whatever".

20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just for you!

[​IMG]