1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All Israel will be Saved: Romans 11:26

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Aug 16, 2010.

1. lastday

lastday New Member

Tom and psalms109:31,
    Hopefully we are beginning to recognize our total dependance on God's timing!
    His understanding of the timing even for our discussions is above and beyond!!
    I believe with Logos that He wants these diverse viewpoints expressed openly!!!
    Mel

2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

John 1:
    12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[Greek of bloods] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Acts 10:
    34Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. 36You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. 37You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

39"We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a tree, 40but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Romans 2
    God's Righteous Judgment
    1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

5But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God "will give to each person according to what he has done."[Psalm 62:12; Prov. 24:12] 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11For God does not show favoritism.

12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Ephesians 6
    Children and Parents
    1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2"Honor your father and mother"—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3"that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."[Deut. 5:16] 4Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
    Slaves and Masters
    5Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, 8because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.

9And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

1 Peter 1:
    Be Holy
    13Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."[Lev. 11:44,45; 19:2; 20:7]

17Since you call on a Father who judges each man's work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear. 18For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

22Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.[Some early manuscripts from a pure heart] 23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24For,
    "All men are like grass,
    and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
    the grass withers and the flowers fall,
    25but the word of the Lord stands forever."[Isaiah 40:6-8] And this is the word that was preached to you.

3. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Psalm139,
    Over the past two days, since I posted #81, there have been 115 views
    of the 40 some verses you posted without making a single comment!
    We are students of Scripture; but we want to learn from one another!!
    You might have a different view from mine that "ALL Israel will be saved"!!!

I have shown I agree with you that all Believers are the "seed of Abraham"!
    But "ALL of Israel" refers to the "deliverance" of unbelievers; not believers!!
    Just quoting Scripture is insufficient if you have a different message for us!!!
    Mel

4. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Friends,

When Tom Riggle began this thread he asked about making a "misquote"!
    He promised to return and correct his misquote later on in the post!!
    In his conclusion he suggests a different meaning for "All Israel"!!!
    Tom Wrote:
    Tom claims "ALL Israel" refers to the entire body of saved Jews and Gentiles!
    Instead, Paul switches from individual salvation to the deliverance of Israel!!
    Tom should have written it is "at the END of time" RATHER than "in this manner"!!!

Tom takes liberty with Scripture to change the subjects Paul had in mind!
    At first Paul wished to stir up individuals in "jealousy" to become believers!!
    In Rom.11:26 at the END of Gentile times he wishes for "national jealousy"!!!

Paul's greater concern was for the "deliverance of Israel from its enemies"!
    He had Daniel 12 in mind with "many being purged, purified and refined"!!
    He had Joel 2-3 in mind when God will "rescue a remnant who survive!!!
    Mel

5. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Gospel According to Mel - totally contrary to what God has ever told us about His Gospel.

But, then again, this is a different Jesus also - flesh-and-bones-for-eternity Jesus in a spiritual Kingdom.

6. lastday

lastday New Member

Tom,
    Tom's Rendition:
    We have already concluded that anyone who denies the Doctrine of Christ, i.e., that
    anyone who denies that Christ is "coming in the flesh" reveals a spirit of the Antichrist!
    There is no need to keep rehashing that point...Logos says he is "board" with doing so!!
    So I hope you will stick to the subject at hand and not try to divert the real question!!!
    Mel

7. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "We" - Who? You and the mouse in your pocket? I think that almost everyone here can see through your fantastic stretching of 1 John 4:2 to accommodate your quirkiness.

Christ is not a "diversion". He is the subject.

8. lastday

lastday New Member

Tom,
    Truely: "Christ is not a 'diversion'"; but you diverted to His existence in the flesh!
    I am trying to stay with this thread; you "dirvert" to a subject on another thread!!
    The subject concerns the future of Israel AT THE END of the Times of the Gentiles!!!

I repeat: "You are the master of obfuscation" by obscuring or ignoring the main issue.
    Mel

9. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you think I know what the thread is about? I am the one who started it. You see the word "Israel" and get all frothy and dirverting it into your pet doctrine. Well, I refuse to let this thread be dirverted.

Yes, Israel is part of the OP, but it is the Israel of God - the regenerate Jews of all ages, and the Gentiles who through the grace of God have entered into these same blessings.

And you, Mel.... you are the Director of Dirversion. :thumbs:

10. psalms109:31

My words

My words will wither and die, but the word of God stands forever.

I can tell you, but if we level one of God's word higher than another then we do not have the full council of God, because we lift one word above the others.

You have the right to believe that all Israel is all Israel.

I just take it a little further and weigh it with other scripture and the children of God has nothing to do with blood, but to those who receive Christ, that He has disowned those who disowned Him. God doesn't show favoritism.

Matthew 10:33
    But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

11. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

Psalm139,
    You Write:
    BUT God wants to show "mercy on Israel" after showing mercy to Gentiles until Gentile times are finished. At the END of the AGE
    God will "declare both Jews and Gentiles in a state of disobedience"...
    so that when the Body of Christ is completed, He will show mercy to ALL NATIONS...not just Israel as in the OT and Gentiles in the NT!

Are you angry at Jews like Luther who hated them? You go a step too far. You show an attitude that is unGodlike and even quote Jesus for support!!
    "God concludes Jews and Gentiles in unbelief so He may show mercy to all.
    Who of us knows the Mind of the Lord or who of us is His Counsellor? How
    unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out".
    Rom.11:32-34.

Hopefully you will allow God's Love to replace your anger toward Israel.
    That love will be displayed to 5 million Jews and up to 400 million Muslims.
    For 1000 years exactly...while the Martyrs of Jesus serve God in heaven!!!
    Mel

#91 lastday, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2010
  12. psalms109:31

Hope

Assuming what I believe isn't good for anyone. My heart jumps for joy when I see a Jew or many Jews come to Christ. My love for them is great. When one came to preach at a service that I attended that has come to Christ was a joy to hear them preach.

God does not show favoritism or is He a respecter of person. Anyone come to Christ He will save.

I will not guarentee no one salvation, but those who come to Christ and trust in Him. Only in Christ is our veil removed. We all have the same hope Jesus Christ.

#92 psalms109:31, Aug 24, 2010
  13. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Will that start in 20 years?

14. lastday

lastday New Member

Psalm139:
    You write:
    My prayer is that the veil will be removed from your eyes concerning future Israelis!
    They are the subjects in Romans 11...but only from Rom.11:26-32!!
    My concern is that you see the messages of Rom.11:32-34!!!
    Mel

15. psalms109:31

Matthew 7:2
    For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

16. lastday

lastday New Member

RAdam,
    Hosea allows the start of a third millennium (3rd day) as of Christ's ascent to heaven!
    He predicts that God will renew His choice of Israel and Ephraim "after two days"!!
    Therefore "ALL Israel" will be Redeemed in 2033...at the Feast of Tabernacles!!!
    Mel

17. lastday

lastday New Member

Psalm139:
    You write:
    I heartily agree!!!
    Mel

18. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Is that why Jesus repeatedly affirms, even directly before His ascension, that God had not given nor would give that information to man?

19. RAdam

RAdam New Member

By the way, your position is based on the assumption that Jesus died in 33 AD. That is by no means confirmed as absolutely true. In fact, the evidence points rather to the most likely year being 30 AD. Regardless, the fact remains that you base your position on a date that isn't exactly known.

20. lastday

lastday New Member

Lastday

RAdam,
    I wrote:
    You wonder:
    NEW Revelation was given to the Son by the Father and now we can know!
    Rev.1:1
    You wrote:
    You will learn a lot by viewing "The Star of Bethlehem" and discovering
    the evidence from NASA and USNO that Christ died on April 3, AD 33!!
    Jesus affirmed we will "know when the End is Near"; but that knowledge
    was unprovable until the discoveries of modern technology!!!
    Mel

#100 lastday, Aug 24, 2010