1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All Of The Guests...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Cutter, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Every time I sign on here I notice that the guests far outnumber the members currently online. My concern is about the motives of these guests. With all of the corruption and con men in the world, I would not doubt if many of these "guests" are on here attempting to harvest as much information as they can. This information then will be used to spam you or attempt to separate you from your money. Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is, be careful how much you expose about yourself on a public forum like this, that continually has an abundance of "guests" on it.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Many of the guests are probably members who are just reading without logging in. I do this all the time.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right. The whole world reads everything we say on any forum. Here, Facebook, or anywhere.

I've always assumed (I know, I know) that a large part of the guests are registered members who just aren't logged in.

Sometimes I get on the net and just don't take the time to log in.

But some of them are just lurkers. But lurkers aren't alway shadowy figures, you know! Ha!

Good point about not revealing personal information.

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Never thought of that, I guess because I do not do it myself. The first thing I do is sign on.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

BB also comes up in searches on different topics. Just last week my husband googled "gospel funeral" and my post asking for advice on funeral messages was #4 in the search. He was able to come and read what I posted and all of the responses.

We DO need to be careful about what we post but the internet is not a place where killers are lurking. We just need to practice our judgement skills and post carefully. :)

6. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Though not all, I think some are, too.

7. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I generally only sign on when I am ready to post. Sometimes I get on and check the board quickly, so I don't log on for those times.

8. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Well that was weird. :eek:
    I just came on here and decided to not sign on first. When I looked at the people currently online Cutter was there, although I wasn't signed on. Cutter was not in first position like it usually is when I am signed on, but it was there nonetheless.