1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All Star Race

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, May 19, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Sorry, I don't have a review to post this morning. I did one, but I forgot to copy it to my stick this morning. So, I'll post it tonight. I'm pretty sure this is the shortest one I've done, mostly because nothing much happened.

I think next week's Indianapolis 500 could be one of those races that starts pulling fans back to open-wheel racing. Instead of the best open-wheel racers spread across 2 competing series', we'll see them all at Indy and this is a very good thing. I definitely plan on recapping Indy, as well as the Monaco GP and the World 600, though they all won't be in the same post as I did a few weeks ago.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Ok, here's the long-awaited recap.

6:06 PM
    Krista Voda on Kurt Busch: You either love to hate him, or hate to love him.

*insert eyeroll here*

Unfortunately, there's going to be many of these eyerolls coming tonight from something K Voda says.

6:31 PM
    Krista Voda, half-joking I think, says she didn't know anybody could replace her on pit road. Krista, I've got news for you. Everybody can do your job and can do it better.

Carl Edwards: If I need lip gloss, I'll just ask Hammond. :laugh:

6:32 PM
    Krista Voda: "Your wish is this track's command."

I wish for Krista Voda to shut up, but I don't think the track can deliver on that wish.

Watch how the lips move, but K Voda says nothing.

6:42 PM
    Mike Joy mentioned they opened up a baloney stand at the track? They must have opened it in the announcing booth.

6:49 PM
    I just find it hard to get excited about the "Race of Scrubs".

6:52 PM
    I was going to mention this earlier, but forgot it for some reason. Krista Voda called this a "crown jewel" event. When did an all-star race become a "crown jewel" event? Non-points races don't count when you start figuring who's won and who hasn't.

6:54 PM
    DW had a hand in naming the track "The Beast of the Southeast". How come DW being involved in adding a stupid nickname to this track doesn't surprise me?

6:55 PM
    I saw a blurb over the winter that the Fox network wanted their Nascar coverage to end after the World 600, but it didn't work out for whatever reason. After listening to their performance this year, I want the same thing after next week.

7:29 PM
    I think Kasey's Groupies figured out how to rig the voting to get Kasey into the race as the fan favorite. On WindTunnel last night, the Tunnelheads were saying that they think it was a conspiracy to get Kasey into the race because Junior was on record asking his fans to vote for Elliott Sadler.

7:34 PM
    Krista Voda on the race: "They're tearing down the door to get in." *rolls eyes*

7:41 PM
    I'm sure you'll pardon me if I don't say much during the introductions part. I guess it's pretty cool for the teams and all, but this kind of stuff is pretty much useless to me.

7:57 PM
    I'm 99.9% sure Dale Jarrett won't win, but it would be the coolest thing ever if he actually does win.

8:04 PM
    Why are we having 2 invocations and 2 national anthems? Should've just let Ned Jarrett do the invocation and the Palmer girl do the national anthem and not had the other 2. BTW, what was the worst national anthem you've ever heard? If you say the one before race at Las Vegas in 1999, you win. I don't know who sang it, but some little girl screeched out the national anthem before that race. Took us the rest of the week to get the cat off the ceiling.

8:10 PM
    From what I can tell, the crowd tonight looks pretty much like it does everytime they race at Charlotte. It's an enormous crowd sure, but it looks like every seat is full, like it usually does watching on TV.

8:12 PM
    Even though I thought ESPN's coverage last year was bad and bordered on unwatchable, I'm actually looking forward to it this year, primarily because Dale Jarrett's replacing Rusty Wallace in the booth.

8:14 PM
    My wife said that Kyle Busch came out, took a bow, sort of taunting the crowd. Her comment was, "Pride goeth before a fall."

8:17 PM
    Top 3 for tonight: Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Winner prediction: Dale Earnhardt Jr

What, you were expecting that I was going to pick somebody else? :)

8:19 PM
    Digger. *eye roll*

8:20 PM
    Kyle Busch Lovefest going on strong.

8:20 PM
    Yeah, that'd be a crying shame if the Busch brothers wrecked each other this year.

8:22 PM
    DW: "I think you have to be on the high side to make some moves." Mere seconds later, Greg Biffle goes low in T1 to pass.

8:28 PM
    DW says that he thinks Kyle Busch has learned to restrain himself. Right. Kyle Busch restrained himself so much at Darlington that he hit the wall at least 3 times. What a stupid thing to say. Come on, DW, you're smarter than that.

8:29 PM
    Larry Mac just can't help but to say the driver and the car he drives while we're looking at a graphic that tells us who's driving the car, Truex in the 1 and Labonte in the 18 in this case.

8:29 PM
    That should be Matt Kenseth in the 17. Get with the program, Mike Joy.

8:43 PM
    DW saying the 18 has a reserve doesn't make it so. Ridiculous. Love fest, lovefest, lovefest.

8:47 PM
    Oh no, what will DW talk about when his mancrush goes out?

8:49 PM
    DW's putting his money on the 88 now, but please note that he didn't have 1 word to say about the 88 at the beginning of the race, not even to say if he thought Junior would finish even 2nd or 3rd. DW = Frontrunner. Whoever's in front, that's who DW likes to win.

8:51 PM
    Kyle Busch asks if the car can be fixed.

Larry: "Absolutely, you can work on it."

Uh, Larry? Kyle asked if the car could be fixed, not if it could be worked on.

8:54 PM
    Yes, I'm sure it's the full moon that caused Kyle Busch's problem.

9:00 PM
    I agree with Carl. It's a real shame that Kyle lost an engine.

Feel the Sarcasm!

(from me)

9:04 PM
    Oh, this is exactly what we needed. More Krista Voda.

9:05 PM
    DW and gang will have to crush on somebody else tonight.

9:06 PM
    Krista Voda: "The big picture is Kyle Busch."

Uh, Krista, what does that even mean? Does she mean the big story of the night is Kyle Busch's engine problem? I think I'd agree with that and I think he would have won easily.

Does she even know what big picture means? My wife says no. As do I.

9:07 PM
    The full moon. Blame Kyle Busch's problem on the full moon.

9:12 PM
    Krista Voda just called somebody the best running back in the business, but she's not talking about football. I don't have a clue what she's talking about.

9:14 PM
    I'm thinking the fans just might tear the stands down if Dale Jr wins this race.

9:19 PM
    Junior finds him a new groove and it's working pretty good. Suddenly, this race has become more interesting to me. :)

9:21 PM
    Kyle Busch isn't even in the race anymore and DW has to mention him. DW, I don't think you have to keep fulfilling your presidential duties now that Kyle is out of the race.

9:30 PM
    Whether to take 2 or 4 is a question? This is pretty obvious isn't it?

Greg Biffle with 2 tires?

Taking 4 tires isn't the right call? Huh?

What is this? 4 tires is totally the right call.

9:45 PM
    You would have won all kinds of money from me, if I were to bet of course, that 4 tires would have won this race. That really surprised me.

As usual, this race didn't live up to the hype. The battle was fierce there for a while at the beginning of this last segment, but otherwise, it just wasn't that exciting.

9:49 PM
    DW (talking about Evernham's teams): "They had new cars and we didn't know what that meant. We never found out."

First, sorry to you all, because I was so busy writing down what DW said that I didn't get what he was referencing, and I don't remember now. I think it had to do with the race at Richmond, but I can't be sure of that. Regardless, DW just announced that he hadn't done his job.

If you are a racing analyst and you find out that a team has new cars, but you don't know what that means, shouldn't it be your job to find out? I don't know. Call me crazy. Maybe I should start a website called FireDarrellWaltrip.com. Or, maybe ImpeachPresidentofKyleBuschFanClub.com.

As I said in the OP, this was easily the shortest recap I've done. Not only was the race short, it wasn't very exciting. It had a moment there with Junior (and my wife isn't a big fan of DW calling him Junebug btw), but that was it, a moment.

I certainly hope the World 600 is better than this.