1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Allan's Bibles

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by hawg_427, Nov 16, 2007.

1. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Just wanted to know if anyone out there has ordered a Bible from Allan's Bible.
    They sent me a catalog and they take Cambridge and Oxford Bibles and re-cover them in very high end Goatskin and other fine leathers. Let me know.

2. dale kesterson

dale kesterson New Member

Allan's

Allans is probably the world's best Bible binders. I got one as a gift from my older church and it is just awesome. Built to last generations and the Binding allows the pages to just lap in your hands. The highland goatskin looks and feels very strong and firm, but when you bend it, it is like butter. I have an ESV highland goatskin.

dale

3. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Allan's

Thanks Dale, I was looking at the KJV of the Longprimer Reference Bible in Highland Goatskin. how much does the full yapp hand over the end of the pages? The Cambridge Large print in calfskin looks good, but it is calfskin not highland goatskin. Is the print size pretty accurate with the examples they show in the Allan's catalog?

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

DH has one that he got from his ordination and I was molesting it tonight. LOL! The feel of that thing is just amazing - so soft and supple. (I'm an equestrienne and really appreciate the feel of good leather - this is as good as my saddle!). The hang over for the cover is much more than most Bibles and it keeps the edges of the pages so much cleaner. This is a Bible that will last a lifetime for sure.

I want one now but can't justify it. LOL

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

I"m just curious. Am I going to get rich now that I have my own bible? :laugh:

6. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

You are already rich brother! You are a joint heir to the throne. :)

7. Allan

Allan Active Member

Oh the wonderful jewels of truth!

8. evangelicalbible

evangelicalbible New Member

Hi: FYI:
    Allan Bibles now have a US Distributor.
    Allan Bibles are now available from evangelicalbible.com

This company is located in California.

9. Elk

Elk New Member

Wowie

Thanks so much for making me aware of these Bibles and website; I really appreciate it. Somewhere a year ago? I bought on eBay a Nelson signature slimline edition KJV brand new but one of the older ones and I have to admit there is something about it that is so wonderful. ...about having a quality Bible that is in no way like holding a brick...easy to hold and easy to read. The text is not that large, but I can read it just fine. I think, if I remember correctly the later ones that came out have slightly smaller print. I think I got the deal because it is burgundy in color.
    When I look at these Allan Bibles, I am really drooling.
    However, I am still holding the Signature Bible like a prized possession, perhaps more because of the Words than the Bible itself...and I guess I feel that way about all my Bibles.