1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Allen West on Marines urinating on Taliban corpses

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by fromtheright, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can tell you from experience that those who are dictators, were of such a personality no matter what "uniform" or rank they wear. The uniform and rank only gave them some sense that they are justified in their dictatorship.

2. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've had some good ones and some bad ones, as anyone with 31 years would. My last one was the worst, and was to a large extent why I finally called it quits.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allen West's statement is idiotic.

You don't justify your own actions by pointing at the abuses of others.

If you want to claim the moral high ground, you can't condone this kind of garbage.

And, no, I haven't been "shot at," but much of my family has served in the military, and I can say firmly that giving extremists further inflammatory material to use in recruiting terrorists to kill others DOES NOT HELP those who are serving. These absolutely stupid "Marines" have placed their fellow Marines and all US servicemembers at a greater risk by taking deliberately offensive acts that will inflame the enemy.

The marines in question should be dishonorably discharged after a term in military prison, not because their actions were as severe as terrorist murders (they weren't even close) but because their actions showed a willful disregard for the mission and a reckless disregard for the ramifications of their actions. They were trained better. The Marine Corps is better than that, and their actions allow detractors to paint the USMC in a negative light.

Above all, they should be discharged because I don't want idiots serving on the front lines, and that's what these "Marines" are. They are complete idiots.

First, you don't urinate on corpses.

Second, YOU DON'T VIDEOTAPE THIS. It's just asking for trouble, and if you are not smart enough to know this, you are not smart enough to carry a gun.

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member