1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Allowing" unsaved to attend church?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by abcgrad94, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? This one sailed over my head. How was Paul, as a member of a local church, somehow a zealous "wolf"??

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I want to make sure I'm hearing you correctly... Are you saying that the Apostle Paul is a "wolf" in the biblical distinction (one who enters a congregation to seed discord and ultimately a false gospel)?

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I think she means that before Paul was saved he would not have been allowed into a church according to the OP.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And why WOULD they have allowed an unbelieving predator into a church worship designed for believers? Even AFTER Paul was saved his reputation was so horrendous that many questioned having him part of the assembly.

Not sure how that fit into the discussion??

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Yep. When Paul went up to Jerusalem, finally, he wanted to join the church there, but they wouldn't accept him. Only after Barnabas vouched for Paul would they admit him to fellowship.

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for not being clear. Paul, before he was saved, thought he was doing God a favor by hunting down Christians and killing them. After all, he was a pharisee, knew the law, etc. My point is that not all the "good church folks" are true believers and if a church believes they are "safe" in their little church refuge, they are deceived.

Just because someone claims to be of God doesn't make it so. Saying a church only allows Christians to attend in order to keep out wolves doesn't mean the unbelievers and/or wolves won't dress in sheep's clothing. Some of the meanest spirited people I've ever met were professing Christians who held office in church. I've even heard of Mormons sending in professing Christians to other churches. These folks were only found out AFTER they joined the church and started teaching heresy. So, I think it's not the unsaved we need to fear, but those who profess to be who are lying.

There is that any better?:saint:

#86 abcgrad94, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
  7. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Yup, and the true biblical illustration of "wolves."

Had us scared a bit there when you mentioned Paul out of context (there's that pesky word again...).