1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Almost! for the Astros

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Oct 20, 2004.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A pretty good chance for the Astros to have wrapped it up using someone who, if Andy Petite and Wade Miller were healthy, would be the sixth starter. Kind of figured once Miceli came in for the bottom of the 12th inning that was it for this game.

It's pretty clear that if the Astros fail to win this series it will have to be chalked up to the Cardinals having home field advantage and Petite and Miller being on the shelf.

We Astros fans need to hope the hitters do tomorrow to the Cardinals what they did to the Braves on the road in game five - score and score some more - and that Clemens has his best stuff and can turn the game over with a lead to Lidge who will close it out in the 9th. [​IMG]

2. Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope New Member

If the Astros win, then the World Series will be AWESOME. If the Astros win, that would be cool, but if the Red Sox win, that would be cool, too. The only hard part is figuring out who I want to win. [​IMG]

3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

There's always next year ... hehe.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm partial to anyone except the Sox. Was stunned by the "run" of the 'stros and hoped they would do well. But Larry Walker has been a Rockie for ever (and married to a girl from my former pastorate) and moved mid season to St Louis.

So it's the birds for me!

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay. So you're for the birds.

6. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member