1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Altar Calls In The First 1800 Years Of The Church

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Salty, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Good deal. Very good thread. I wanted to restate how I feel about the subject, growing up in a Presbyterian Church. (PCA). The normal flow of events in the worship service was a sermon, followed by a closing prayer from the pastor, and a choral response by the choir. There was no mention of seeing a pastor or deacon after the service to talk about what the Lord was doing in a person's life. Just end of service, see you next time.

For all its faults mentioned in the first thread, I am grateful for the opportunity to be given a way to express to someone what the Lord is doing in my life, whether is was salvation of convicting me of some area in my life, or calling me to do some type of ministry.

I do agree with the posts that talked about using sales tactics to draw people to the front, but used properly, the invitation is light years ahead of the Presbyterian Church.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you still do alter calls in your church?