1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Always have an answer

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by donnA, Sep 2, 2003.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I got this in an email and thought you might ejoy it, I just didn't want to stuff it in the humor forum. Seems more serious then humorous to me.

The Bible says to have an answer for why you believe
    The Bible says to have an answer for why you believe to those who ask you. This is a good example of an answer to one of the most common reasons sinners give for ignoring God and His goodness. A man went to a barber shop to have his hair and his beard cut as always. He started to have a good conversation with the barber who attended him. They talked about so many things and various subjects. Suddenly, they touched the subject of God. The barber said: "Look man, I don't believe that God exists as you say." "Why do you say that?" asked the client. Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God does not exist. Oh, tell me, if God existed, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be no suffering nor pain. I can't think of loving a God who permits all of these things." The client stopped for a moment thinking, but he didn't want to respond so as to cause an argument.! The barber finished his job and the client went out of the shop. Just after he left the barber shop he saw a man in the street with a long hair and beard (it seems that it had been a long time since he had his cut and he looked so untidy). Then the client again entered the barber shop and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist." " How can you say they don't exist?" asked the barber "Well I am here and I am a barber." "No!" the client exclaimed. "They don't exist because if they did there would be no people with long hair and beard like that man who walks in the street." "Ah, barbers do exist, what happens is that people do not come to me." "Exactly!"- affirmed the client. "That's the point. God does exist, what happens is people don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world." If you like it, send it to other people. If you think God does not exist, don't do it.

2. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Oh that was excellent. I can't tell you how many times I"ve heard that "God doesn't exist because he wouldn't allow pain or suffering in this world" diatribe. Hope it's okay with you if I use the barber analogy next time I talk with a hard headed and hearted athiest....that was just so good. [​IMG]

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

So how come when we give our answers on the BB, we get yelled at by someone?? [​IMG]

4. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

sickness would seem to have come after the fall.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

WS, certainly.
    Johnv, I don't know. Why is that?

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Low tolerance for other people's opinions???? :eek:

7. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Someone's yelling at you John? Let me at 'em...just let me at 'em. [​IMG] ;)

Honestly John...it could be any number of things. All we can do is forgive people and move on. And try not to take any of it personally. ;)

8. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Thank you DonnA for sharing that.

Sherrie