1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Am I a progressive dispensationalist?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by StefanM, Jul 18, 2005.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not very familiar with the idea of progressive dispensationalism, but I've seen some things with which I agree. I'm wondering if I'm basically a PD-ist without knowing it.

Here's my view on Israel and the church:
    (cf. Romans)

Israel:
    1. Faithful Jews (those who accept Jesus as Messiah) will inherit the covenant promises of the OT. The ultimate fulfillment will occur during the Millennium.

2. Unfaithful Jews have been cut off and have no part in inheriting the covenant promises of the OT.

Church:

Consists of all believers in Christ, Jew or Gentile

Gentile Christians:

1. Were not the direct recipients of the OT covenant promises.

2. Nevertheless, they participate in the inheritance of the covenant promises of the OT by virtue of being grafted into the root consisting of faithful Israel.

------

As a side note, I'm post-trib (with partial preterist sympathies). Does this make me anything?

2. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I hold to the same views as you and realized that many others do to! And then I discovered the PD term.

I think we can be called historic premillennialists or PD, but the PD label exists to describe those coming out of a dispensationalist background.

If that's not your background, it might be safer to call yourself an historic premillennialist.

Last Trumpet web site can answer alot of your questions. Excellent site.