1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Am I incorrect in my view of evangelism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 19, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://thecripplegate.com/concerns-with-the-way-of-the-master/

I have been reading some books by some Apologists whom argue for a pre-evangelism, and evidence based approach. While this may be good for some people, its not my default position. But I have to just wonder, yet just wonder if what these people are saying is true. Its obvious that many these days lack the Biblical foundation that those in the Bible during Jesus's time had. Its also moot to use Charles Spurgeon as many in his day also had a biblical foundation, unlike most today. I am open to opinions.

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't worry about techniques or systems for evangelism, just proclaim Christ and Him crucified.
    This is from the 1646 Baptist Confession:-

Steve

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The person who wrote that article[cripple gate] is completely clueless. Do not read such garbage...it will destroy brain cells.

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Well, the author was telling the truth when he said it was very lenghty.

I just sort of skimmed through parts of it.

A lot of it is quite good actually. Some parts were kind of "iffy" but not even close to being dangerous