1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amazing Grace

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amazing Grace is a new motion picture that is based on the life of antislavery pioneer William Wilberforce. This movie is in a theator near you on 2/23/07.

From the website:

Site Link

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Interestingly enough, I'm going to be doing a small bit on William Wilberforce and John Newton tomorrow evening for "Men's Day" in our church, as commentary on the song, "Amazing Grace", provided I'm not taken home, or the 'Rapture of the church' occurs first.

Ed

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Is this an LDS movie. I was under the impression it is. The name Waldon is a big Mormon name in the state..

http://www.sltrib.com/features/ci_5099991

And then this :(

4. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

It does not look like Waldon Media is an LDS company. The owner is Evangelical Presbyterian acording to Wiki. The Utah paper made this sound like an LDS film.

The owner does have buisness ties in Utah.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Not sure that it matters. It is a history movie not a movie promoting a theological perspective.

6. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Saw the theatrical trailer last night before seeing Freedom Writers. Definitely looks like a must see. :thumbs:

7. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

It matters only in the fact that I would more closely examin it. They like to slip a little doctrine in under the radar.