1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amazing update from "Question" Thread!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by faithtrustbelief, Sep 17, 2005.

1. faithtrustbelief

faithtrustbelief New Member

Well let me clear up some things first. First of all I tried my hardest to get a hold of financial reports for the church, but this treasurer denied me time and time again. The treasurer just so happens to the man who is causing all the trouble. I asserted my biblical authority and he denied it. So I did what I was supposed to. This is partly the reason I am being persecuted. So the ball ws not dropped there by me, and you were way off. Not your fault you didn't know those details.

Here is the amazing work God can do. The treasurer who is also the one causing all the problems for me by persecuting me called and apologized in tears of sorrow. He came over give me hug and said he was sorry and he was doing and said everything just to try and make me mad. He said the reason the church is having to close is because of him, not me. He stated he tried to control the church, and when I preached it is not his church but God's and I took a hard stand on God's word he was saying all those things to get back at me. He admitted he has run all the other preachers off when they would take stands, but they would always run. He said when I didn't he didnt know what else to do but attack me. He said you were the first who did not run. He stated someone told him : "Man you don't touch God's anointed ones. Dont you know that."

He then stated his business is falling under all of the sudden, the IRS is after him, and his house has a tree from the storm in his house, and he has lost over 2 million dollars. He stated God has told him all that was due to him attacking one of his under-shepards. God has humbled this man greatly. However, I have now found out why I had so much trouble growing this church. He stated noone in the community will come cause of me, not you.

Last night he came to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as the Lord of his life. He stated he feels that none of the members including him are committed to taking care of the church, nor the pastor. He stated he wants to close the church and go somewhere where he is not the treasurer or anything but an average Joe in order to grow spiritually.

I have gotten calls from a number of members who wish they could keep me as their pastor, but they state they will never step into that church again due to what he has done to me. They said if I could get a pastor position some where else they would defintely come there.

After all this I prayed to Jesus to give me an answer. After the gentleman coming to the saving knowledge of Christ, and the members not wanting to come. Jesus really burdened my heart to resign and has told me he would open a new work for me. The decision has been made without my consent to close the church. I told them I do not want to close it, but everyone else does. they all stated they do not feel they are doing what it takes to take care of me, and they need to get right spiritually.

Here is another amazing thing. Isn't God great! I have received 2 calls from churches in the area I am already in that want to look at me fro their open Pastors position. I also received an email from multiple state conventions emailing me a list of pastorless churches. I received these emails shortly again after all this happened once more. I know in my heart if they do close the church tomorrow after the church service then God will open up a new church for me.

I HAVE STOOD ONE THE WORD OF GOD. I HAVE STOOD FR GOD'S CHURCH! I HAVE STOOD TO KEEP IT OPEN! JUST LIKE GOD HAS TOLD ME TOO! Even though I am going through hard times, I am also being taught alot, and being blessed by god all the time.

MARK MY WORDS! MY Lord and Savior will open up a new church for me if this door closes.

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE BLESSINGS!

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

ftb, I sense in you a conviction that you are sincere and wanting to help people. For that, I commend you and will lift you up that you may find the right place to minister to others. May you find the blessings in your own life and ministry that you wish for others.

3. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Praise the Lord.

4. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

These "CHURCH MEMBERS" are as "WRONG" as the man who caused all the trouble.

IF they can't "FORGIVE" this man, then God won't forgive them.

The "CHURCH" belongs to "JESUS", and their "OBLIGATION" is to "JESUS", and "Spreading the Gospel", regardless of what "other members" may/may not do.

There's too much looking at the flesh, rather than the "Spiritual".

5. faithtrustbelief

These "CHURCH MEMBERS" are as "WRONG" as the man who caused all the trouble.

IF they can't "FORGIVE" this man, then God won't forgive them.

The "CHURCH" belongs to "JESUS", and their "OBLIGATION" is to "JESUS", and "Spreading the Gospel", regardless of what "other members" may/may not do.

There's too much looking at the flesh, rather than the "Spiritual".
    </font>[/QUOTE]I couldn't agree more my brother that is exactly what I have been preaching to them until I am blue in the face.

[​IMG]

6. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Sometimes, God closes a door when we are not ready so that we can be in a position to do a greater thing for Him just around the corner. Don't fight the door being closed, because He seems to be opening others up. Run with God's move and don't walk.

When these others come to your new work, do not accept them blindly. They need counseling from you to acknowledge, admit, and repent of their sins in the way they allowed themselves to be used and refused to stand for what is right. Reconcile them to what God wants them to be and don't let them settle for what they think they need to be.

7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Praise God for the humbling of the proud. Praise God for giving strength to faithtrustbelief.

May God bring reconciliation and healing to this community that has been divided by man's sinfulness. I think you need to encourage the treasurer to do a Zaccheus and for the community to forgive this man.

The closing of the building may end a chapter, but the relationships may still require mending.

8. faithtrustbelief

Brothers and Sisters Please pray that God will grant me the blessing of serving at another one of his churches. I really need prayer as I embark on the task of finding a new place to serve..

I Love you my brothers and sisters in Christ..

Thank you