1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

America is falling apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by 4-christ, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Absolutely! I fully agree that we should send missionaries to them, in accordance with Christ's command.

THAT's my point. And please note it's a QUESTION, I'm not criticizing anyone's efforts. Why do we send missionaries to another country that already has at least as strong a witness for Christ as do we? Why shouldn't they send missionaries to us? Or, better yet, let them evangelize their nation, us evangelize ours, and save the airplane tickets for both of us to evangelize those in the Amazon?

It just seems to me that sending missionaries to some places that already have well established churches (generally speaking...there are always "pockets" in every country, ours included) is more of an exchage program than a fulfilment of the Great Commission.

Thanks for not jumping to conclusions. Asking questions like this in Baptist circles is an invitation for a stoning, or at least never to be elected Deacon again. [​IMG]

BTW, another thing that measures in the red zone on the "stupid meter" is our system of "deputation". But, I know the reasons for it and although I don't entirely agree I don't have all the answers either, so I live with it.