1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

America Returned to her Roots tonight

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Scripture asks us to pray for our leaders, not be be unquestioningly uncritical of them. When my Prime Minister behaves like an idiot - as I believe Blair did on Iraq - then I call a spade a spade.

Yes, there is - and I think Obama will find that ground. I'm not asking for an utter end to 'America First' (that would be absurd - all countries put their own interests first to a degree), but I don't think it's too much to ask for an end to 'Stuff what the rest of the world thinks - they don't count', which is what we've had quite enough of in the last 8 years, thank you very much - and I think that Obama will deliver that.

#61 Matt Black, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2008
  2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That would be my main concern about Obama, as a Christian. Having said that, of the 35 years since Roe-v-Wade, 24 have been taken up by Republican Administrations, and yet Roe-v-Wade remains 'good' law in the US. So I wouldn't necessarily put a great deal of stock - one way or the other - in the power of Presidential judicial appointments on this issue.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly the point I have tried to make in a number of threads. It is a very remote possibility that the Supreme Court will overturn Roe v. Wade. There are a number of reasons for this.

4. targus

targus New Member

And by voting for Obama who will probably make appointments to the Supreme Court - you have helped to make sure that is becomes an even more remote possibility.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. I think America sealed her fate. I voted for McCain. He's prolife, would make good court appointments, and was the most conservative of choices, but he campaigned as if he hadn't a clue to the thug tactics of Democrats and the overwhelming media bias. He tried to run a civil campaign, but as John Bunyan so elloquently said, Civility is a pretty young man who despite his simpering looks is but a hypocrite and cannot help thee.

Let me rephrase my original statement: McCain always did strike me as mousy little wimp of a politician.

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know what world you are living in, but he ran the dirtest campaign I can imagine ... except for the one G. Bush ran against McCain in South Carolina in 2000.

McCain's chief strategiest was interviewed on "Morning Edition" this morning and he commended on the harm and votes lost because of McCain's negative ads. It seems to me it was out of character for McCain to run a dirty campaign, just as Dole's over the top negative ad in North Carolins does not fit her character. But it happened and it may well have cost both the election.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What dirt did McCain run?

8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Good grief, did you not follow the campaign. Do some of your own research.

Actually if either man was as evil as painted by some on both sides we all best move to a safe country, where ever that might be.

9. targus

targus New Member

In that "dirty campaign" can be subjective...

Why don't you just offer your opinon as to the two or three worst offenses?

10. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Your kidding right? If anything McCain had plenty of cards he should have played but didn't. Obama was the one playing a dirty game.

McCain was too soft in my opinion, you have someone serving up golden opportunities on a silver platter and yet he didn't take them.

What about his former racist pastor, what about his ties to Islam, what about Ayers, what about ACORN, what about a host of other issues he could have brought up but didn't.

McCain is bi-partisan and refused to step on toes.

11. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

The UK, oh wait, no, not there.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Really, McCain a wimp? My guess is that in a North Vietnam prison camp you would have been a wimp. My guess is that you do not have a clue as to what he went through.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know I would have fought a real political campaign—he didn't.

BTW, still waiting for Crabby to identify the "dirt" in the McCain campaign.

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

No one should call McCain a wimp. I thank God I did not endure what he did in the Viet Nam prison.

That being said McCain mistakenly thought he could have a civil debate with Obama. He should have known better seeing what the democrats in Congress did to Bush 41 on the "you raise taxes, we will cut spending" issue. Bush 43 went to Washington thinking he could work with democrats there as he did in Texas. He should have known better seeing what they did to his father. The Washington democrats with their allies in the press and the Quislings in the CIA and FBI did everything they could to damage Bush 43 and the country be damned.

McCain had ample ammunition to use against Obama but refused to do so as someone has already noted. Whether it would have made any difference I don't know. People were enchanted by this snake oil salesman and his message of "CHANGE" whatever that is, and they really did not care enough to ask.