1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

American heroes could get swapped for hip-hop culture in textbooks

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A state board of only 15 people will vote on whether to revise U.S. textbooks to omit references to Daniel Boone, Gen. George Patton, Nathan Hale, Columbus Day and Christmas.

The Texas State Board of Education will also vote on a proposal to substitute the term "American" with "global citizen."

Mathew Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel, is warning Americans to speak up before only eight people, with a majority vote, have a chance to literally rewrite American history.

More Here

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tried the link but it wouldn't work.

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why we homeschool.

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found the link

If I still had children at home, I'd make certain they were in a Christian school or homeschool them

5. RAdam

RAdam New Member

They are coming after homeschoolers next. Here is Mississippi the legislature is in talks of making kindergarten mandatory for all kids. Things are going to get ugly pretty soon, with the state and federal governments taking powers to themselves that they should not have.

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe they can do that legally. So far, laws seeking to stop homeschooling are being shot down left and right.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at what's legal today vs what was legal, say late 40's early 50's!!!

I use this time frame because I can remember it. Don't know how it compares with even earlier, but I have an idea!!

The devil is accomplishing his work very well through little steps that we have, so far anyway, accepted with reluctance, but accepted!

And if we Christians don't put God back in the public venue, then "legal" will only become more of a synonym for "evil".

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I would think that our public education system is beyond hope. It's just one more sign that America is finished as a world power.

It was our belief in the bible and the worship of the God of the bible that is why we were ever a great nation. Now, this is on the decrease, and if this is not reversed, all hope is gone.

9. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Exactly. They are making progress on many fronts. People celebrated the Prop 8 vote in California, but few noticed the fact that the vote was far closer than opinion polls in the past had been. It's just a matter of time until that goes the other way. I believe that sooner or later they will shut down homeschooling. I lament that because we're going to homeschool my son, but I just see it happening.