1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

America's Priorities in the War on Terror

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jan 5, 2008.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

An article by Michael D. Huckabee in Foreign Affairs magazine.

Summary: The Bush administration's arrogant bunker mentality has been counterproductive at home and abroad. American foreign policy needs to change its tone and attitude, open up, and reach out. In particular, it should focus on eliminating Islamist terrorists, stabilizing Iraq, containing Iran, and toughening its stance with Pakistan.

MICHAEL D. HUCKABEE, former Governor of Arkansas, is a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just started reading this article and it looks pretty interesting and on the face of it sounds pretty reasonable so far but a couple things stick out that concern me though. I'm mean besides the fact that it's a pretty crude propaganda piece from the start. It does somehow seem almost reasonable.

What do you think of this article my very good friend KenH? I know you aren't much of a Huckabee fan and all but you do love a good Foreign Affairs article now and again. :smilewinkgrin:

Cisco (the Foreign Affairs reader in the family) wants to know if you'd care to give us your comments on this one?

All other readers are welcome to comment as well. :)
    [​IMG]

#1 poncho, Jan 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2008