1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amillenialism

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Michael D. Edwards, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Laying Joel's prophecy aside for a moment...

That's right, Jeremiah was inspired by the Holy Spirit, but like Peter said in the aforementioned passage, it was revealed to him that he was ministering to us, to us, to us, TO US. Not to themselves, to us unto whom the Gospel is preached.

Therefore the those promises are for us.

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pastor Larry:

Chris, Why don't you can this type of argumentation?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why can't the dispensationalist take what they dish out? I've been called a liar (by you)and a heretic (by others). Why is it that when you have no argument, you dismiss the case against you?

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aaron:
    That's right, Jeremiah was inspired by the Holy Spirit, but like Peter said in the aforementioned passage, it was revealed to him that he was ministering to us, to us, to us, TO US. Not to themselves, to us unto whom the Gospel is preached.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you think I was going to disagree with this? What is this verse in 1 Peter about?? It is about the Messiah. It has nothing to do with this issue. That verse is a strong reason why I believe in the single meaning/authorial intent hermeneutic. It does not have anything to do with the removal of promises from those to whom they were given.

4. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Temple:
    Why can't the dispensationalist take what they dish out? I've been called a liar (by you)and a heretic (by others). Why is it that when you have no argument, you dismiss the case against you?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said you were lying when you repeated something that had already been refuted on a number of occasions. I can take whatever you dish out. What I don't like is when arguments don't address issues and unfounded or refuted arguments continue to be propounded.

You should also know that I have dismissed nothing. I have addressed every argument put forth here. I have ignored nothing. I have consciously tried to stay away from ad hominem attacks and from issues that are not related to the discussion.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of the Law and the Prophets are about the Messiah, (Matthew 5:17).

But pick a section of Jer 31 that you think is not about the Messiah (I can't find one) and we'll discuss that.

6. Michael D. Edwards

Michael D. Edwards New Member

Hey gang:

Maybe some of you can hop over to the thread about questions to the amillenialist and help discuss Rev. 12 and 20 as parallel passages.

Thanks
    michael

7. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aaron:
    All of the Law and the Prophets are about the Messiah, (Matthew 5:17).[/quopte]

I am not sure that is what that verse says. I am pretty sure that not all of the law and prophets are about the Messiah per se. As someone said, "I am pretty sure some of those nails in the tabernacle are just there to hold it together."

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, then. Pick a section that does not apply to the church, and we'll discuss that.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is getting too long and convoluted for ease of study. Opt to start a new thread or two on parts that interest you.

We'll shut this puppy down.