1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An 18 month old baby

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Aug 22, 2010.

?
  1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Scripture is not clear

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. Scripture is silent

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. He would go to Limbo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other answer

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. RAdam

RAdam New Member

People don't go to hell because they reject Christ. They go to hell because of sin.

2. saved by grace

Site Supporter

"Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect that they also may obtain salvation which in Christ Jesus goes with eternal glory. The saying is sure: If we have died with him we shall also live with him. If we endure we shall also reign with him. If we deny him he also will deny us." 2 Tim. 2:10-13

3. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I see you stopped at verse 12. How convenient. Verse 13 says this: "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself."

Man is naturally in a state of condemnation. He doesn't become condemned because of unbelief or rejection of Christ.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is true, but he remains in that condemnation untill he comes to repentance and faith. :thumbs:

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So he was encouraged that he would die one day as his son?!? The context does not lend itself to your understanding of it.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So there is another dispensation of salvation besides by grace through faith?

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If you do not accept Him you are denying Him! And if you never hear of Him you still are lost because we have the creation as witness. Read Romans

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The bible does not teach what you have said. We are born rejecting Him. We can come to the place where we actually and literally proclaim that we reject Him, but the fact that we do not proclaim it does not mean we have not rejected Him. It only means we have not accepted Him (repented).

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just read this, actually. First, it has been appointed unto man once to die...that is part of the curse. Second, Isaiah 57:1 states that God protects them from from the evil to come. Of course it is speaking of the godly, but considering Jesus said that unless we become as they are, I think it's pretty safe to say God was merciful even in their slaughter protecting them from possibly becoming the pagans their fathers were and being separated from Him eternally.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Praise God...we need more who understand God's justice, love and mercy! :thumbs:

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not according to John 3:18 and many others.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Scripture where we are "born rejecting Him" (and please, I've read the couple Psalm "proof texts" the Augustinian original sin advocates use...they are not proof texts to a human being born or conceived a sinner)

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, if it's just our understanding, it's the understanding God gave us through His Word. He states that faith comes by hearing and hearing from the Word of God. It's science fiction to even allude to the fact an infant, zygote or fetus has the capability to have faith in anything when we know it takes the mental faculties to do just that.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Hello WebDog,
    well if you reject those scripture how can I give you another one that you do not reject. However here sre some you might look at.
    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

You have to be able to look into the Greek, but the statement all have sinned is even talking about those who have not been born yet. All man kind has sinned in the eyes of God even future generations because all are sinners by birth. Two sinners have a little sinner. This is not saying simply those who are grown men. Do babies ever die? Why? Apply the scripture, not your feelings.

#94 freeatlast, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
  15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't reject Scripture...I reject your understanding of Scripture. If you fail to comprehend the difference, that is your problem.
    Past tense. What sin has a newly conceived human commited in the past? A newborn? An 18 month old? Scripture defines sin as the transgression of God's law, remember. To transgress something take a willing understanding of something.
    See last response.
    See first response. Sin entered into the world through one man, all weren't created sinners from the one man's sin.
    Babies die due to the curse on mankind. Using your logic, since Jesus died physically He was a sinner? Apply the Scripture correctly.

#95 webdog, Sep 1, 2010
  16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I have applied scripture correctly. Jesus did die a sinner. Not His sins but yours and mine. You are still rejecting scripture.

#96 freeatlast, Sep 1, 2010
  17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

[offensive language edited out] Jesus did NOT die a sinner, He died a sinners death and took on the sins of the whole world!! You need to find a new church

#97 webdog, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
  18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2Cor 5:21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This is why the Father forsook Him. Not simply because He was dying as an example or simply in place of us sinners. He literally became sin. Our Sin. Please listen to me. Just like we are made as perfect as Jesus, He was made as sinful as us by taking our sins. We are not simply called righteous, we are righteous just like God. Not because of ourselves but we are made such. The same was with the Lord. He was made or became sin for us. Most of us have seen the movie made by Mel Gibson on the death of the Lord. No doubt when we saw His beatings we wept. However in all the physical sufferings He went through that was nothing compared what He suffered when He became sin because of us. Just think about it. Here is the living Son of God who never felt sin. He never sinned! He never even had a bad thought. Then suddenly not just one sin was placed on Him but all the sins that has ever been or will be committed in all of history. Every gross sin that man has ever done. Let your mind run wild and see what that must have been like. Here is the suffering He went through. The nails were nothing compared to this. So much so that the Father forsook Him. Now He is really suffering! No one is trying to blaspheme the Lord. However the truth is He died as a sinner. Not His but ours! He took all our places. I realize this is difficult to hear, but that is because our churches today teach a watered down truth.
    No place does the scripture say that He simply died a sinners death. You are adding to scripture.
    I do agree with the new church suggestion. I wish there was one that taught the bible in my area.

#98 freeatlast, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
  19. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Let's see what John 3:18 actually says.

"He that believeth is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Notice that Jesus did not say that he that believeth not is thereby condemned, or becomes condemned. He said that the person who believes not is condemned already. That person was already condemned, and is still under condemnation.

Man is naturally in a state of condemnation, but there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus. This is because Jesus condemned their sin in His flesh at Calvary.

20. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Paul said we were by nature the children of wrath even as others. Not by action, by nature. You can deny the clear language of David all you want, but you cannot get around that statement right there. Men are sinners by nature. They are dead in sin, alienated from God, under condemnation, and deserving of hell. Praise God for sending Jesus Christ to pull men out of this condition.