1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An alternative strategy for Christian business people

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Walguy, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Walguy

Walguy Member

While I do believe that Christians should have the right to decline jobs related to gay weddings or pride events, the legal trend seems to be headed in the opposite direction. What I would suggest a Christian business person should do in that situation is to say to the person/people who are attempting to set them up, "I'll be glad to do this job for you - and I'm going to donate every penny you pay me to the fight AGAINST legalized gay marriage." There's certainly nothing legally wrong with saying or doing that, and it turns the tables on the gay provocateurs. I would be very surprised if any of them would go ahead and place the order under those circumstances.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have the link for that article?

3. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

If you really want to express a complete lack of love for people why not just deliver everything in envelopes, cake boxes, etc., with STOP GAY MARRIAGE, or I OPPOSE GAY MARRIAGE all over them? Imagine the damage you could do to people by showing up to deliver their wedding cake with boxes and cake plate liners with stuff like that all over them? Napkins, plastic utensils, your car, etc.

They don't care who you donate your money to. The complete collapse of the Chick-Fil-A boycott demonstrated that.

4. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A sign stating store policy should be sufficient. I am a business owner and I set company policy.

Business owners have rights too.

God bless.

5. Walguy

Walguy Member

It's not an article. It was my own idea. :)