1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Anology of the Movie BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWIA

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I have watched this film several times since it came out in 1957 and the last time I did I saw a similarity between some of todays religious leaders and Col Nickelson. The question that came to my mind was although the Colonal had a purpose in assisting the enemy build the bridge (keeping his men occupied and lifting their moral), was his actions justified? He was really aiding and abeting the enemy. In todays religious arena where the method seemingly has superceded the Message I think we have a large group of leaders who are sincere in their actions but are 100% off in the Message an their involvement in para-church groups. In the movie Col Nickelson realized in time what he had done and had a part in the distruction of the bridge. Hopefully these religious leadres will do the same.