1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured An Anonymous Poll

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Jun 27, 2016.

?
  1. Hillary over Trump

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Trump over Hillary

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hillary is not better. Hillary would attack the 2nd amendment; Trump would attack the 1st amendment.

Yeah, you might want to rethink your logic.

HILLARY BAD! TRUMP BAD TOO, BUT NOT AS BAD.

I do not understand what you are trying to say here. I will say that I believe Trump is the greater risk as far as getting us entangled in another war.

Shame on Trump primary voters for giving us a lousy, non-conservative candidate. Shame on the GOP for not stopping him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Trump has proposed some judges for the Supreme Court. None of them threaten the first Amendment. Hillary would appoint the 5th Left-Activist who would destroy the First Amendment. Even before the 5th Activist, the Supreme Court has refused to even hear a religious freedom (First Amendment) case concerning a pharmacist who doesn't want to be forced to provide drugs to induce abortions. One of the real judges on the Supreme Court even pointed this out as a warning to where the court is headed.

If that were true, the #NeverTrump neoconservatives for endless war would be gushing all over Trump.

Trump is no worse than the Establishment's candidates. He's worse in some ways, but better in other ways.

Shame on #NeverTrump followers. Shame. On. Them.

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has banned several media outlets from attending his events. He has spoken about loosening the libel laws to make it easier to sue journalists. That is definitely threatening the 1st amendment.

In order for a real conservative to get on the Supreme Court these things would need to happen:

1.Trump must win.
    2.Trump must nominate a true conservative.
    3.The Senate must have a GOP majority.
    4.The Senate must have a GOP majority of at least 58 to 42.
    5.The Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell must be willing to use the nuclear option.

So using the SCOTUS argument as a reason for voting for Trump is a long shot.

Well, neoconservatives ARE conservatives, whereas Trump isn't. I suspect that is why they oppose him.

There is no way that Trump is better than Ted Cruz, or Marco Rubio.

Shame on Trump supporters for giving the country one of the worst candidates in history. I bet Trump doesn't get 150 electoral votes (if he's the nominee.)

4. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Trump for sure has his faults. But he intends to secure the border, cut corporate taxes, keep the 2d amendment, reduce regulations on business, allow insurance companies to compete across state lines, and renegotiate trade agreements that hurt US workers, go with an "all of the above" energy policy. If he can do at least some of those things it will be worth it to vote for him IMO.

And the never-Trumpers will have to pull off some major flim-flamery to get what they want.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has told the New York Times the bit about the fence was just a political ploy, a negotiating starting point.

Revealed a plan to bring back jobs to the US and there was no mention of corporate tax rate cuts.

Every Republican candidate is for this. But Trump has said that he's in favor of banning gun sales to people on the no-fly list. Surrogate Ben Carson has said to put the 2nd amendment on the negotiating table.

Every Republican has said this. I wonder if Trump would be in favor of new regulations on hiring illegals?

Has been talked about for years and the practical effect would be to have a couple of states be insurance company friendly causing companies to relocate there, after which there would be no more competitiveness.

You realize that other countries would need to be responsive to his plan to renegotiate, it's doubtful they would go along.

Every Republican candidate is for this.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

The other candidates lost though.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me Likes Gov. Scott Walker-----even if he did wossie out last time.........Scottie come back!

9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be clear, I'd vote for the neighbor's dog for President over Trump, but he's not running for office.

My vote has nothing to do with Ms. Clinton except that she appears to be the only viable candidate other than Trump. I am prepared to vote for Ms. Clinton only to keep Trump out of power.

If a reasonable third party candidate emerges - or the Republicans do the right thing at the convention a give us a passable candidate - that person will get my vote.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figured it was something like this. Thanks for the clarification. (Not that it will matter to the Trumpeteers.)

12. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

How again is Hillary the better candidate? You support abortion on demand, and forcing people to assist others with abortion. You support men using women's rooms, and forcing other people to assist with this. You support same-sex marriage and forcing other people to participate in same-sex marriage ceremonies. You support amnesty for illegal aliens, and forcing people to support these immigrants. You support an end to religious freedoms. You support higher taxes. Etc. Most of all, you want Hillary to put the Fifth Activist on the Supreme Court.

You post was very short on reasons why Hillary is better. In fact, you provided not one explanation. Your post was just empty hysteria. Someone is playing you like a fiddle. How many times have you been fooled by that fiddler?

I consider #NeverTrump Followers to be enemies of America.

13. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I like the vote for Hillary because she's not Trump idea better, at least BB is not being so passive-aggressive. I may have done the same if John Ellis Bush had won the nomination.

Most #neverTrump will scream and yell that you're trying to force them to vote for Trump but in reality they are trying to convince you not to vote for Trump.

Again, if you're too good to vote for Trump or Hillary, you're too good for the election.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there is a person here on BB that is calling all #NeverTrump people enemies of America. That's a bit rich, isn't it? So yes, Trumpeteers are trying to get us to vote for Trump. And yes, I suppose some of #NeverTrump are arguing that you shouldn't vote for him.

Then we've got a lot of company:

Trump Don't Want Poll.JPG

15. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really have no clue how to influence people. You would do better to try to convince Your Enemies of the desirable qualities/benefits of a Trump Presidency. As it is, all you do is tell us how evil we are. You are becoming the caricature of the typical rabid Trumpie.

I am getting closer to breaking my rule and calling you an Idiot. (Sorry Mods.)

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not liking Donald Trump is NOT "evil", all that means is you don't like Donald Trump.

Yeah but just notice how FAUX News words that for the GOP:

then they give you only one alternative named "somebody else" but they ask the Democrats to choose between Hillary, (DOA) Sanders, and "somebody else" to get an overall 58/34/7 split. That tells me that they are still hoping for a contested convention for the GOP, since both of the nominees will be Clinton and Trump.

So, are you wanting a contest convention, is that your point here? It's a terrible idea, will destroy the GOP and I will bolt to Hillary - might as well go for the other fixed nominee, but that's not going to happen. I have to wonder what you will do and it does matter because there really are scads of people like you out there.

17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She's not Trump.

I'm just going to assume that you don't know how to have a normal conversation and that the following are questions, not hysterical accusations.

Nope. I don't support abortion at all.

Nope. I don't support abortion at all.

Nope, not at all.

Nope, not at all.

In some tightly-defined circumstances, yes - with payment of all back income tax, if owed. Our nation has done it many times with good results. I had a great uncle that was illegal for a number of years because of circumstances partially out of his control. An offer of amnesty was extended by the government and he made the appropriate arrangements and became a citizen.

I do not support blanket amnesty programs or the use of executive orders to force a political figure's will on the populace (something that Trump is likely to do quite a bit if elected).

I also think we need an appropriate guest worker program that can provides foreign worker access for agricultural labor and other specialized areas of the economy.

Nope, not at all.

Hardly. Neither Ms. Clinton or Mr. Trump have an ideal record on religious liberty, but I believe Trump is much worse. He has specifically asserted that he wants to restriction immigration based on the religion of the applicant. That is a broadside against religious liberty. He has done more than that, but that policy position (which I didn't initially believe until I went to his website and read it) is enough to require me to opposed Trump by itself.

I don't like higher taxes, but if our government can use money effectively and not wastefully, I don't mind paying taxes. I prefer a graduated tax up to around $50,000/year for a family, then a flat tax - without all of the deductions that make our tax code insane and help the rich avoid paying any taxes.

I have no idea what this might be. Maybe, maybe not.

Nope. I don't want ANY activists on the Supreme Court - left or right wing. I want the Court to be non-political.

I did not attempt an explanation. Therefore you should not be astonished that I did not provide one.

I don't recall posting 10 accusations - where eight of them were completely false and the other two were off the mark - like you just did.

Jesus?

Jesus does not deceive.

(1) I am not a #NeverTrump "follower." I decided against Trump before I ever heard of the #NeverTrump movement.
    (2) I don't get guidance or direction for anyone else on my political decisions.
    (3) Those who opposed religious liberty are opposing the Constitution. "America" is founded on the Constitution. I am attempting to defend the Constition, and thus America.
    (4) You know very little about me. How dare you try to pass judgement on me!
    (5) Your false accusations in this post are the antithesis of American values, and more importantly, the values of a follower of Christ.
    (6) This kind of talk where good citizens are labelled "enemies of America" is exactly the kind of rhetoric that the followers of Mr. Trump perpetuate. So if he wins, is persecution coming? Is he going to have us rounded up and killed? Ms. Clinton has done many, many things I have detested, but I don't recalled her ever having declared that citizens who do not agree with her are "enemies of America."
    (7) Trump advocates like you are currently the best argument for me not to support Trump. If this is what Trump inspires, he is toxic to our American way of life.

#37 Baptist Believer, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sad to say it, but I think the GOP is on its way out.

If they dump Trump, they will lose the populist vote, but they may keep most of the other people. The populists will probably try to start a new party.

If they nominate Trump, they will lose a large number of non-populist voters who will not want to be associated with the GOP again. I will be one of those folks. The refugees from the GOP will probably try to start our own party.

If they nominate Trump and he wins... then declares those who oppose his policies to be "enemies of America" like some of supporters then we'll either have impeachment/war or won't have political parties anymore.

If they nominate Trump and he loses, then there will be an enormous amount of bitterness that will likely rip apart the party and make room for a new party.

19. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

#NeverTrump followers arrived at their position by endlessly listening to inflammatory rhetoric from neoconservative pundits (neoconservatives: liberals who pretend to be conservative). It would take countless hours of deprogramming to convince them of reason.

I have repeatedly put out good reasons for anyone willing to follow them, but I might as well just be reasoning with the air. You could have chosen to respond to the list of very meaty reasons (anti-Christian values that Hillary wants to force everyone to support) in the post you responded to, and ignored the tagline. But, instead, you chose to ignore the reasons, and respond just to the tagline, just to the existence of he tagline.

It's just a tagline, albeit true:

I consider #NeverTrump Followers to be enemies of America.

20. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a huge assumption.

I don't watch talking head shows and I avoid pundits. I always do my own research on candidates because there are too many liars out there. I have spent a bit of time reviewing Trumps website, his tweets, and several of his speeches (including his Fort Worth speech - I wasn't there, but I know a few who were) and I based everything on what has come from his camp.

Are you doing the same? I suspect not... People tend to assume others do what they do, and you have assumed that we have listened to an inordinate amount of pundits. Your assumption tells more about you than anyone else.

I didn't see reasons, just accusations. However, you are laboring under the illusion that I like and approve of Ms. Clinton. I do not. It takes a candidate as bad as Trump to make me consider Clinton at all.

I did not ignore any of them. I simply pointed out that I do not support or approve of those things, except for the two items where there was a measure of qualified support.

No, I was responding to the CONTENT of the tagline, not the existence of it.

Yes, and it is a perfect example of why you should not get your way and have Trump as the leader of the free world.