1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured An Apostate

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Judith, Mar 17, 2013.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

No, it's always good for one to speak their mind. I just see it that when we sell out to the world when we are saved, we sold everything and took the "Pearl of a great price". In everything, our will is involved, too. It's no longer our will, but Lord, let thine will be done.

2. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I'm all for speaking one's mind, but I have done a lot of reading here, and I have seen a lot of bad things develop over this issue.

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
    Mar 8:35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
    Mar 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
    Mar 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
    Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
    MB

4. Monster

Monster New Member

Right on!

I kinda-sorta figured that's what you were originally saying. But, ya' know, there are some fanciful ideas floating all around.

Thanks for the patient replies and elucidation.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, for a true christian cannot Apostate and lose their salvation, for they have been sealed with the Spirit of promise, and THAT confirms will be eternallt secured!

believe Apsotate in bible are those like in Hebrews, who wen to church, heard gospel, saw signs/wonders,but in the end denied jesus and went back to their own ways..

John said they were with us, but not a part of usm, as departed away, same way peter said they will return by as cows returning to oewn vomit!

hebrews also said thsoe are those who recrucified the Son of God, trampled on his precious blood will face sure wrath of god, so don't think anyone like that will be saved!